Don't want to do this alone

Options
Hi I am new to this site. My goal is to lose 45 pounds altogether. I know that it is possible. However I don't want to fall into the same trap as I have fallen into before. I would really like to be able to share my daily thoughts with whoever will listen. I even posted something today on my blog because that was what I was totally thinking. I realize there are always going to be people who will be against you at every turn. However I know that there are people out there who are like me. They want to make some great decisions about their health. It's never easy. Sometimes through writing, I realize that there are other components that make it easy for us to make "bad" choices about food. Anyway I hope to hear from someone soon. Let's do this together. I'm just a listening ear.

Replies

• sarah197436
    Options
    i'll listen or read as the case may be lol and give advice .. welcome , friend req on its way :)
  • gettingfitnana303
    Options
    :smile: Good Morning to you! There are a lot of supportive people here. But, every once in awhile a negative personality shows up. I guess they need some support too, or they wouldn't come to this site. Glad to meet you and I also like to post my thoughts for the day and like reading what others post.
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ! Feel free to send me a friend invite if you would like. I am here daily and would love to give and get support !
  • LoveIsDead3000
    Options
    Hi I'm not so new. I had an account a while ago but lost track of it then totally dumped it. :/. I've been trying to lose weight for a while now and I have a lot of friends who want to lose weight too but they don't try. We try to help each other but really it doesn't work if your friends live miles away and you're all in school with no cars heh. I do Jillian Michael's vids now. I'm on my third day. It's hard but I have to. I like this site. It's really cool. Be awesome if people add me as their friends...not just cuz I don't have any friends on here but because I don't know how to add people cuz I'd be adding random people to my friends lists hehe. :drinker:
  • DanielleKMoore
    DanielleKMoore Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I understand because I don't want to do this alone either. It can definitely be frustrating and hard. This is my first REAL attempt at trying to REALLY lose the weight and KEEP it off. I want to not only lose the weight, but GET and STAY healthy! I log on EVERY DAY, even though most of the people in my feed do not. This is very discouraging, as I am trying hard to stay committed and motivated.

My goal is to lose 60lbs. I have lost 14lb thus far. However, I try to make small goals for myself each month, rather than just aiming for such a big number like 60lbs, which seems so far away. My goal is to lose 10lbs each month!

In addition, I would like to begin exercising four times a week. Right now, I try to get in at least three times, but sometimes, it only happens twice! I am a work in progress and could really use some motivation and support as well! I am happy to be on your team cheering you on!

Please feel free to send me a friend invite if you would like. #teamfitforlife #nomoreexcuses
  • Frita1025
    Frita1025 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My name is Cheryl, I am 37 and am finally taking charge and putting my health first!!!

Today is my first day using my fitness pal. I have give or take 50 pounds to lose, and feel very motivated. Last night for Valentine's my husband gave me the Fitbit, which I am very excited about! I really feel it's going to help keep me motivated and will definitely be a tool to help with my success.

I am so happy there are places like this to have a support group cheering you on, and whom understand exactly what you are going through, from excitement to struggles. I look forward to taking this journey with you all, and being your cheerleader!!

Here's to hoping that there is a lot less of me/us going into 2014!!!!!!
  • trish5862
    trish5862 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi, im trish,my daughter and i are both doing this, it gets easier as time goes on,i have a food blog, its a healthy one, if you are interested in it, its skinnydisbytrish.com i seem to always be trying to lose weight
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me :-)
  • Momma_of3
    Momma_of3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 50 pounds myself! It is hard to lose weight without motivation or support ;however, I belive loosing the weight is possible. We have to no cheat on ourselves! I know, as for me, I dont keep track of the calories I eat everyday,, and I am going to change this. I will start a healthier lifestyle, and I'd like to be involved with people with some motivation!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend also. I am not an "in your face" type but I can help with the accountability, encouragement and support. If you can handle by weird sense of humor.
  • ngekep1575
    ngekep1575 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to the site as well, as I started only yesterday , Valentine's day of all days, so no chocolates.
    I will welcome all the motivation I can get as I have over 50 pounds to loose and have to watch my blood pressure.
    Welcome any push I can get and to join anyone on the same journey.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    The more I delve into this fitness thing, the more I understand the emotional side of all of it! I think you are right on about writing about it! I log every day and like to read people's thoughts. You can add me!
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi - Feel free to add me! I love MFP! There are some great people on here. I am always looking to add girlfriends! I have 45 pounds to lose also.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just sent a request. Feel free to add me. Anyone here can do the same. :smile:
  • pblevitt
    pblevitt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. When in a crowded room you can always concentrate on the person you want to listen to. It is not that easy on social media, it is all written and equally biased. Only you can filter it.
    Wish you well in your journey, share it with me if you wish to. Mine will be a quiet affair with bouts of frustration.
  • sarahgip
    Options
    friend request on its way....
  • popo0509
    popo0509 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Request sent. :). I'm down to listen
  • Renee81170
    Renee81170 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use the fitbit too! feel free to add me. I love a little friendly competition!
  • rainbow2967
    Options
    Hello all,
    I have battled my weight all my life with the exception of when my daughter was born 20 years ago. I ended up too skinny at that point. Until I was diagnosed with Lupus, I was on again, off again on weight loss. Didn't really need to lose but maybe 5-10 pounds so the only thing I really did was watch what I ate. I had a physical demanding job so there was my exercise. Since 2006, I have gained weight steadily partly due to being on prednisone (high dosages) and going through a cycle of not caring about what I ate and not caring if I exercised or not. Here it is 2013 and I now realize I need to lose 60 pounds to be at a weight I can live with. I am happy now, but would be happier if I lose those pounds. I have tried just about every diet out there and nothing works for me since they all want to make you change the way you eat, work out seven days a week or any variety of that. One of the issues I have with exercise is finding what will work for me. You see along with Lupus, I have Fibromayalgia and that makes working out very difficult. I am looking for support and guidance and absolutely the accountability with sticking to this. I have a couple of friends who use this app and I have been watching their progress. I know if these two can do it, so can I! Anyway, enough about me. I would like to get to know you all and "borrow" your brains at times. Thanks for reading! :smile: