I didn't get the Job....

Options
Fab140
Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
:frown:

I applied for a great warehouse job not far from where my husband works (he's the one that told me about it). They offered me the job and then retracted the offer stating that they had to get funding for the position. They said they would get back to me. That's fine, I can be patient......my husband can't.....He kept inquiring about the openings and kept wanting to know how the process was going. But not to me, to my potential employer.

They told me that they couldn't hire me due to funding. I can't help but feel that my loving husband (he truely is, and only wants the best for me...) may have pestered the poor people and they decided to not hire me for those reasons.

I can't tell him, because he was only looking out for me and I don't want him to feel like I blame him, even a little. :sad:

Well, now that it's off my chest, I hope I can find a good job soon....with a little couching for my husband to let things unfold on their own!

Well, I have 30 minutes to wallow in defeat before he gets home and I zip my lips and put on a brave face and try again tomorrow. :sad: :frown: :sad: :frown:

I hate job hunting......

Replies

• Fab140
    Options
    :frown:

I applied for a great warehouse job not far from where my husband works (he's the one that told me about it). They offered me the job and then retracted the offer stating that they had to get funding for the position. They said they would get back to me. That's fine, I can be patient......my husband can't.....He kept inquiring about the openings and kept wanting to know how the process was going. But not to me, to my potential employer.

They told me that they couldn't hire me due to funding. I can't help but feel that my loving husband (he truely is, and only wants the best for me...) may have pestered the poor people and they decided to not hire me for those reasons.

I can't tell him, because he was only looking out for me and I don't want him to feel like I blame him, even a little. :sad:

Well, now that it's off my chest, I hope I can find a good job soon....with a little couching for my husband to let things unfold on their own!

Well, I have 30 minutes to wallow in defeat before he gets home and I zip my lips and put on a brave face and try again tomorrow. :sad: :frown: :sad: :frown:

I hate job hunting......
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about this. {{hugs}}

Just means a better opportunity is coming!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Hang in there..the right job will come..don't worry! And yeah..it does sound like your hubby was trying to help..even if it backfired a little.. keep your head up!:heart:
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    Dont worry you'll get a good job!!!

26920.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Fab140
    Options
    :ohwell: Thanks you guys.....You're really helping me pull through an ucky time....without pissing off my man who in his mind was doing a good thing.

:flowerforyou: Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    aw sorry hon...and so cute about your hubby...very protective and sweet! lol

I bet something better is on its way for you...one door closes and a better one opens!!!

hugs and best of luck!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Aw honey.... I'm sure you'll find soemthing soon.
    Just hang in there!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Everything happens for a reason.... You'll find something better:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. Your hubby is just trying to help. I am looking for a new job and my fiance is always trying to make suggestions for me. Sometimes they try so hard they don't relize that what they are actually doing is affecting us negatively. All we can do is love them. If it gets to much worse just let him know how you feel. :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    You guys are pretty darn awesome. Thanks so much!!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about this. {{hugs}}

Just means a better opportunity is coming!! :heart: :flowerforyou:

I agree, bigger and better things will happen!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sorry to hear this... but you know that they say "when one door closes, another one opens" - is that right?? Haha!!

Good luck on the job search! :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your job, Megan. It is so frustrating. I'm not sure why, but I was thinking about jobs that I've had and jobs that I wanted just this morning. I can look back now and see that things have generally worked out for the best (I keep reminding myself of this for the future.) I can also look back and see that certain jobs would've been so wrong for me, even though I felt so strongly about them at the time. So, I'm sure whatever you find is going to be better than you would've imagined. Best of luck.:flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    But you should tell your husband - don't blame him, but just let him know that you are a big kid and that you would love for him to be a part of your search (ie he found this opening) but that you need to handle everythign from there out. Same company or good intentions or not, it is totally out of line for him to interfere.