Springfield Illinois

Hey! So I'm not new to MFP, been on here on and off for a couple of years but I am new to Springfield. Anyone here from there? I don't know anyone in town, where is there to eat, what is there to do?

Replies

• hampstenj
    hampstenj Posts: 85 Member
    Springfield is famous for the beef manhattan, but unless your on a cheat day you don't want it... in terms of things to do, in the summer there's Knight's action park that's a pretty cool water park down on the south end, TONS of Lincoln sites, and the state fair in August, but other than that... there really isn't that much to do around Springfield sadly... a few concerts at the convention center downtown and that's really about it

not in Springfield, but Charleston
  • Thanks! I hear a lot about the "horseshoe" too. Not too sure what that is. I'll have to check out that water park, thanks!
  • danner13
    danner13 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm still kind of a Springfield newbie myself, I've been here 6 months, but I can try to help! I think a horshoe is a must (or a pony, the smaller version) at least once. I take family and friends who visit to Charlie Parkers, but you can get them all over. Washington Park is nice for walking/running and the Lincoln sites are fun, the Presidential Museum is really nice. If you're looking for active stuff to do, there are quite a few walk/runs coming up this spring and summer. Feel free to add me.
  • hampstenj
    hampstenj Posts: 85 Member
    Thanks! I hear a lot about the "horseshoe" too. Not too sure what that is. I'll have to check out that water park, thanks!

yes you must try a horseshoe at least once, it's a sandwich open faced wih meat, COVERED in french fries and cheese., anywhere in the capital city you'll find em, or someone who knows where good ones can be found, but NOT the most healthiest food around, but you gotta try it once
  • atomhavok
    atomhavok Posts: 12 Member
    I have lived in Springfield for 20 years, it is my home and most of my family lives here. I am looking for more springfield people too! Add me!