Pick My Dinner??

Options
twoes
twoes Posts: 30
Oh MFP'ers! I have 678 cals, 79 carbs, 29 fats, and 27 proteins left for the day. Anyone have any dinner suggestions??? :tongue:

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Try to spread it out so you don't have to eat that many cals in one meal. Lean ground beef should use up quite a bit of your protein and still leave you with enough fat to not go over... you could make a fajita or enchilada out of it. One or two tortillas (corn are about 90 each and flour about 120 each), plus about 1/4 cup cheese is about 60 cal and some protein, throw some peppers & onions on for about 40 cals....
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    hmm if it was me i would have ragu light alfredo with 2 oz spaghetti noodles with lots of portabello mushrooms, a slice of wheat garlic bread, and a big salad. then for a snack later a would have a fat free yogurt.
  • chessie11
    chessie11 Posts: 52
    Options
    Great idea and superb question! After having a Kashi bar for breakfast with coffee and a Hummus sandwich for lunch with a Lori's Lemon Tea (I'm hooked on those!), I still have 672 permitted for the day and it's Friday! It is totally eye-opening to see just how calories and fat really do add up in a meal. Thank God, I've stayed under my limit for several days now.
  • chessie11
    chessie11 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi metco - that sounds delicious and something I know I could get the family to eat! :smile:
    That's always the challenge!
  • twoes
    twoes Posts: 30
    Options
    hmm if it was me i would have ragu light alfredo with 2 oz spaghetti noodles with lots of portabello mushrooms, a slice of wheat garlic bread, and a big salad. then for a snack later a would have a fat free yogurt.

Yum!!
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going to be making Veggie Pizzas tonight. I'm going to use Wheat wraps, and add low sodium marinara or spaghetti sauce, 2% shredded cheese, a variety of peppers, mushrooms, onions, you get it....

I am considering adding deli sliced turkey breast, and if so, I'll add pineapple chunks and make it a Hawaiian / Veggie Pizza! Yum!