I need some support

Options
I am at the end of week 2 and I just want to go buy a cake and eat the whole thing! Somebody say something to stop me!

Replies

• blongrie
    blongrie Posts: 2
    Options
    Dont do it. You will regret it as soon as you are done.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You could buy a good dark chocolate bar and just have one or two squares to get beyond the craving. Also, I have read on here that a lot of people find going for a walk, or doing some other activity, helps until the craving passes.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    don't get a whole cake! that will ruin everything you've done all week! If you need something sweet, find an alternative. There are tons of sweet foods to choose from that'll help put that sweet tooth back in its cage. I like fruits, or Smart One makes small dessert things that are good.

If push comes to shove and you absolutely MUST have cake, go buy an individual cupcake. At least it'll be a smaller portion and it won't sit around for days tempting you.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Imagine that cake around your middle or on your thighs. Gross!! Or, read the ingredient list of some store bought sugary treat-nasty! The dark chocolate bit is a good idea, too!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    NO!!!! Don't do it just for today don't do it!!!! Tell yourself JUST FOR TODAY, i will eat healthy and not have that cake it will make me sick anyway and i don't want it JUST FOR TODAY!!!!
  • mklawle
    mklawle Posts: 8
    Options
    PUT DOWN THE CAKE!!!!!!
    Buy a a few chocolate covered strawberries.. its not perfect but it will curb your craving!! :)
    It's hard! I am an impulsive snacker.. i could snack for whole meals! But It will just make you sad!

Or grill a banana with hone and coacoa powder.. so yummy and pretty low fat! :)
  • gillum01
    gillum01 Posts: 1
    Options
    You don't need any chocolate cake, think of it as poison and you could get sick, then it doesn't sound so good.
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi Amber!

I was feeling the same way today...went food shopping and I could just have pigged out on so much stuff!! Instead I got home and had a Caxton's Pink N White Marshmallow Wafer - a huge thing and only 50 cals. It made me feel better anyway - I had my sugar fix.

Imagine that cake as a lump round your middle...just stopping that jeans button from fastening...

Have a better day tomorrow xx
  • theresea1231
    theresea1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Distracting yourself is a great idea! But before you allow yourself to get a little somethin, somethin (candy bar) make sure that sugar is not one of your eating triggers (mine is white flour). Otherwise, a little somethin, somethin every now and again wouldn't hurt. You can do this!!!! Your goal is so attainable!!
  • amber138138
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I feel better and the craving is going away. I need to get some healthier snacks for work to help with the long afternoon hours!
  • blongrie
    blongrie Posts: 2
    Options
    Amber - Just eat one of my 100 calorie pack cupcakes. It did the trick for me.:flowerforyou:
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Try chewing some sugar free gum like Extra. I try to carry some in my purse in case of an emergency. It should help satisfy that sweet tooth craving. Now if you are just wanting to eat cake because that's comfort food, that's a different story. If so then try to figure out how you are feeling right now and what caused it. Think of the advise you would tell one of your best friends who is thinking of blowing their diet. You've come so far and you can do this. One day at a time is all it takes. Some days I do well and other days, are really bad. I have to concentrate on all the good. I'm still working on this. Emotional eating really drags me down when I'm feeling lonely. So I have started putting on some music and dancing, great exercise. Go for a walk, or call up a friend. :) I will also try to follow my own advise. Have a great day.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Don't do It. Think about how hard you've worked in these two weeks. I had wendy's yesterday and, while it was delicious, I felt like **** after I ate it. 1) because I felt guilty and stupid for doing what I knew I shouldn't and 2) I literally felt sick. It was so heavy in my stomach and just left me feeling 'blah'. I'm for getting some dark chocolate and having a bit... Or what about some of those Jello mousse things? Treat yourself! You deserve it! But it doesn't have to be a cake!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have been depriving yourself of dessert if you are craving cake that badly. I find that if I deprive myself for weeks then I get a bad craving for it and that is not good.

I have always thought that deprivation is not a good thing because in the long run you will cave in and binge. There are so many good alternatives to turn to as well so no reason to deprive yourself. Good luck!!