Need energy and movitation!

Options
Hello. Starting to want to get fit and more active,
In September 2012, i went away for the weekend, but before that i was regularly going to the gym and enjoying it.
Came back from going away and ever since has been to the gym a handful of time and not eating healthy.
Then I got offered a better job, 39 hours 8-5 everyday... if i went to the gym before work i would only get say half an hour in and after work i just have no energy.
Just want to know what i can do to boost my energy after work and go to the gym, so any tips would be grateful,
Thank you for reading.

Replies

• degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Motivation is difficult, I KNOW! :) I enjoy running at night just around my house. If getting to the gym is tough, try working out at home to get your energy levels back up may take time if you are working longer hours than you are used to. Eventually, you should start feeling better. Also look into vitamin supplements, and check your diary, see if you are changing your eating due to your new schedule as well. that might make you more tired, if you are not eating as you should. :) Good luck!
  • sophieleeblanks
    Options
    Thank you, my body clock did change I used to start work at 6am every morning and go to gym after which was nice.
    I have taken multivitamins active health for the past month and come out which 3 colds!! (Rubbish immune system) I also have some pre work out tablets to take so hoping they will give me some energy for the gym.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My schedule has c hanged recently too, with school starting about 3 weeks ago. I will need to get up at least by 5am to get a good workout in for the day, or I won't be able to get one at all. :(

You (and I) will need to work through our tiredness till it becomes routine. I absolutely hate getting up early :grumble:, but everyone swears you get used to it.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I post daily on my workouts and other stuff. Im on everyday besides Sunday.

Feel free to add me.:glasses:
  • sophieleeblanks
    Options
    waking up early gets easy, I have more engery in the mornings just not at night so never can be bothered, had the last week off work, went to the gym Saturday came down with a cold Sunday so I haven't been, still not better but might go tomorrow and do light excercise.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you live in the northern states you may want to take some Vitamin D3 at bedtime this time of year it is dark and dreary and we don't get any sun. Also, try just going for a walk on your lunch break this may give you more energy for an evening workout and if not at least you got a walk in. I work 40+ hours a week and I go for my workouts or walk before work in the morning, weekend mornings and walking after work in the summer. Good Luck!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Well, having a snack after work and before the gym would give you energy :)
  • sophieleeblanks
    Options
    I live in the uk, shall have to see what ones we do here. I'm on my feet all day lugging big trolleys of stock around so I thought that would keep me abit fit, and running up and downstairs to get things. Maybe if I put more energy into it that could contribute to exercise.
    I think because my gym doesn't open early enough for me to go before my routine in the evenings will have to change.
    This weather doesn't help. Very dark and dull.