Buffalo Chicken Noodle Bake

Options
ericadawn92
ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
I found this recipe in my Hungry Girl Under 300 cookbook and it's called mac'n'cheese, but I'm not sure if it's quite cheesy enough to be called that, so I'm renaming it :) Either way - very good!

This is the way I made it, I ate the whole thing, and it ended up being 482 calories (and about 45g protein) for a delicious and filling lunch :)

Ingredients:
-3 baby carrots, chopped
-1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
-1 tsp minced garlic
-4oz skinless boneless chicken breast
-1 Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Cheese wedge
-about 2tsp grated Parmesan Cheese
-1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
-2 tbsp Frank's Redhot Buffalo Sauce, divided
-1 tsp yellow mustard
-2.25 oz elbow macaroni
-dash of parsley

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Cook your pasta to desired firmness, set aside. Boil the chicken to cook and then shred with a fork and knife, set aside.

Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray and heat onion and carrots until softened. Add the shredded chicken, minced garlic, and 1.5 tbsp buffalo sauce. Heat the mixture for just about a minute and set aside.

In a microwavable bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard, cheese wedge, and remaining buffalo sauce. Mix thoroughly and microwave for 30-45 seconds.

Spray a small baking pan with nonstick spray and layer the bottom of the pan with half of your noodles. Then cover the noodles with your chicken/vegetable mixture and layer the remaining noodles over the top. Top it off with your cheese/yogurt mixture. Then sprinkle your Parmesan cheese and parsley on top and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.

VOILA! You're done :)

Replies