30 Day Shred Results (Pics) (Inverted Triangle)

Options
30dayshred1.jpg

ETA: pic 1 - 1/13 pic 2 - 1/25 pic 3 - 2/15

I started 30DS 1/10 and finished on 2/13. There were only 2-3 days that I did not do the workout. It was my primary form of exercise, outside of doing Zumba one day and dance aerobics for a day or 2.

I cutout soda pop, fast foods, most processed foods and most junk foods. I incorporated more fresh vegetables and fruit into my diet. I try to keep my carbs down to no more than 100g a day, which is hard because a lot of fruits are full of carbs.

As you can see, I unfortunately carry the majority of my weight and excess fat in my abdomen due to my inverted triangle shape. I knew going into this that I would not have the results that most people have in the abdomen area.

I feel pretty good about my results, but because my abdomen is my problem area, I just don't know how flat it will go. And yes, I know that I can't crunch my way to flat :smile: , which is why I'm trying to eat much healthier. I know a lot of MFPers don't believe you have to reduce carbs to lose weight, but I suspect that in order to deal with my large abdomen, I need to reduce my carb and sugar intake.

SW: 225???
CW: 210 lbs
GW: 170 lbs
Height: 5'8"

For the ladies that have the inverted triangle build, check out a thread I started about our rare figure.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/849651-any-successes-for-women-with-an-inverted-triangle-shape?hl=inverted+triangle

Replies

• AuntShanna
    AuntShanna Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your results are fabulous! People who carry weight in the middle are frequetly insulin resistant, if not diatbetic. So you are absolutly right to restrict carbs and sugars... as long as you replace them with low fat , low glycemic index foods. I am insulin resistant and have only had success on low glycemic foods and reducing carbs. Keep up the excellent work!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Amazing results. I keep going over on my carbs (usually by 50-100g over my allowance of 160). How did you manage to keep it below 100g?
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    really awesome results!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Your results are fabulous! People who carry weight in the middle are frequetly insulin resistant, if not diatbetic. So you are absolutly right to restrict carbs and sugars... as long as you replace them with low fat , low glycemic index foods. I am insulin resistant and have only had success on low glycemic foods and reducing carbs. Keep up the excellent work!

Thank you. :smile:

My dad has diabetes and he also carries his excess weight in his abdomen. My grandmother was also a diabetic, so there is definitely a history of it in my family.

What foods are classified as low fat and are low glycemic index? I've been eating more protein and find that I go over my daily allowance for fat and protein. Will my success be impacted?
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Good results!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Great results!!! Good for you!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    What foods are classified as low fat and are low glycemic index? I've been eating more protein and find that I go over my daily allowance for fat and protein. Will my success be impacted?

You should actually consider the MFP allowances on fat and protein to be minimums and try not to be UNDER that number as both are very important for our body to function, especially the protein when you are at a calorie deficit. And the fat is good as long as you are still within your calorie range. (I don't know a lot about glycemic index, but you can google it.)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • purplecharm
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Amazing results. I keep going over on my carbs (usually by 50-100g over my allowance of 160). How did you manage to keep it below 100g?

My carb daily allowance is 232g. I have been able to keep my carbs down by eliminating pasta, potatoes, rice and most breads. I may eat bread once or twice a week and it's typically whole grains bread. I just discovered that many fruits are full of carbs, so I am trying to eat only berries, which supposedly have lower carbs compared to apples, pears, etc. I ate a bartlett pear the other day and it was 26g in carbs. :noway: Also, many processed, prepackaged snacks, even the so-called healthy ones, are full of carbs.

It's definitely a struggle and I am not always successful, but I try to remind myself that I have a goal that I want to achieve, so that helps me deal with the temptations.
  • ChubbyFaLife
    Options
    This is absolutely fantastic!
  • IESHA12
    IESHA12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    you look great good job keep up the good work it's paying off :)
  • lauraejacob
    Options
    A note on the carbs: you should continue to eat as much healthy fruits and vegetables as you can. The carbs in fruits and veggies are easier for our bodies to process (as opposed to the refined carbs in rice or bread). In Atkins (low carb) and Weight Watchers eating plans, fruits and veggies are actually considered "free foods," meaning they don't count for points or carbs in the grand scheme of your diet. Good luck as you continue your journey!
  • twokute80
    twokute80 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring post..I'm going to try it
  • purplecharm
    Options

You should actually consider the MFP allowances on fat and protein to be minimums and try not to be UNDER that number as both are very important for our body to function, especially the protein when you are at a calorie deficit. And the fat is good as long as you are still within your calorie range. (I don't know a lot about glycemic index, but you can google it.)

I am pretty good about not going over my calorie allowance so it's nice to hear that my high protein intake won't sabotage my weight loss success.

Thanks!
  • Lovinglish
    Lovinglish Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Omg we r really built the same but congrats keep it up!!!!
  • purplecharm
    Options
    A note on the carbs: you should continue to eat as much healthy fruits and vegetables as you can. The carbs in fruits and veggies are easier for our bodies to process (as opposed to the refined carbs in rice or bread). In Atkins (low carb) and Weight Watchers eating plans, fruits and veggies are actually considered "free foods," meaning they don't count for points or carbs in the grand scheme of your diet. Good luck as you continue your journey!

OMG, I feel much better knowing that I don't have to eliminate pears, apples and grapes from my diet. I was really bummed when I thought I had to go without many of the fruits that I love.

Thanks a bunch!
  • Nikky43
    Nikky43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look great! My body is shaped the same way....at first i thought how did she get my pics! I started the 30 day shred but beccame ill, so i will start fresh Monday. Thank you so much for sharing and I will check out your educational info as well.
  • purplecharm
    Options
    You look great! My body is shaped the same way....at first i thought how did she get my pics! I started the 30 day shred but beccame ill, so i will start fresh Monday. Thank you so much for sharing and I will check out your educational info as well.

Thank you! I wish you the best this time around with the 30DS. Let me know if you have any questions.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!