Weekly weigh in, or monthly weigh in?

Options
Do you have a weekly weigh in, or a monthly weigh in?
Im thinking of weighing in every 4 weeks as my weight loss is slowing down now that i am near my goal weight. Has anyone else done this?

Replies

• ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I haven't stepped on a scale since......New Year's Day???!!! It's kind of liberating!!!
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    That sounds reasonable since you are so close to your goal. I think I'll do the same when I get there. ;)

Just restarting on my weight loss, I currently weigh-in weekly and take body measurements monthly.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. But I decided yesterday I wouldn't weigh everyday but weekly so I guess I won't weigh again until next Thursday.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I do daily. It keeps me in touch with what's happening with my body. In particular, if my weight is particularly low or high I drink more water. It does fluctuate a lot so it took me a lot of time to figure out what was background noise / normal fluctuation and what was something that required me to make a small adjustment that day or think about what I ate.
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I haven't stepped on a scale since......New Year's Day???!!! It's kind of liberating!!!
    Wow thats great!! You have done so great Val, i wish i was at my goal weight like you are :happy:
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That sounds reasonable since you are so close to your goal. I think I'll do the same when I get there. ;)

Just restarting on my weight loss, I currently weigh-in weekly and take body measurements monthly.
    Yes i was doing that too, but the last two weeks i havent lost anything. Its been frustrating and i thought it might be best for me to weigh monthly as i get so cross with myself if i dont lose anything in one week. Keeps me motivated if i do a monthly weigh in as i think you just see a loss (hopefully) Well even if its a small one thats ok :-)
    Good luck on your weight loss journey, it sounds like your doing amazing already!!
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I know people usually suggest no to do that but it actually gets me less stressed because I'm not dreading checking my weight once a week or once a month because I get to do everyday. It makeshift more aware of the changes in my body and things that cause me to gain water weight. Also it makes me able to fix behaviors like too much eating or too little exercise before it gets worse. I say weigh once a week or even more often
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If you can do monthly then go fr that!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday even though it doesn't make any sense.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday even though it doesn't make any sense.

My trainer insists on a daily weigh-in. He says it helps to see blips upwards as blips rather than failures and to focus on the overall trend. I hate it at times (especially period week) but overall it hasn't been too bad.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have paranoia that if I don't step on the scale every week, that I'll have started going the other way and not have noticed... although if you track all your food and exercise you're probably fine...
  • Syleyna
    Syleyna Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly to keep myself on track and keep me motivated. If you're finding yourself lacking motivation if you don't lose in a week, then you're probably better off weighing monthly! Just be aware that if you start to change your habits, you can put ON a fair amount of weight in 4 weeks too.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It depends on you.

I record my weight weekly but additionally weigh any day I feel like it. I find it interesting to see what my body is doing and I don't have any real reaction to small ups and downs. Other people have a much more emotional response to the scale and find it better to limit their access.

Like most things about weight loss there's no right way to do things.