How do YOU get rid of "that 2:30pm feeling"???

Options

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking about it.
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I WISH I liked green tea!!

oh, I already can't wait for my Sunday nap! :ohwell:
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Every day. It's the best part of my afternoons.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am trying to work and have that feeling now, like every day. Coffee here I come!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This used to be me, and sometimes it still is. But after reducing carb intake I haven't felt as sluggish in the afternoons! I do try to eat 4 meals a day, so two of those are usually at work with one being between 2 and 3 now. It seems to have helped tremendously. I do still love my afternoon naps though!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Leave work early
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that the healthier an individual is, the less tired you feel...but I'm not there yet. I have a weak moment every afternoon between 2:30 and 3:30 where I crave junk and want to take a nap!!
    What do you all do to fight that????

Eat an orange. A real one which takes effort to peel and means you have to wipe your hands after. Blasts me awake and somehow the act of tidying up makes me feel I've finished eating.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I don't have it, as long as I only eat carbs at night. Took a while to get there though.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It is a common issue. I try to have a snack (usually fruit) around that time.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Around 2:30 is when I'm usually busiest at work, so often I'm just too busy to notice any flagging energy or snacking desires. But I'll often make a cup of herbal tea if I'm needing "something" mid afternoon.
  • Pnutcashew
    Pnutcashew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is the time of day I try to have a snack. It really helps keep my energy up. Some of my favorites are Trader Joe's zero point queso dip with a handful of their two point veggie chips, a reduced guilt Trader Joe brownie muffin (only 3 points plus), or a laughing cow cheese wedge and celery (1 point plus).
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    I fill up my water bottle and add a couple squirts of Mio Energy... if you have the munchies as well, bring a light snack to have in the afternoon as well.
  • RonandDi
    RonandDi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds, in the shell. They do a great job of keeping me busy.
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just got some GREAT ideas!! Thanks!! I'm pretty excited to try a few things out...and I REALLY do need to get to Trader Joe's!! Love that store!
  • tommctech
    Options
    I usually go with an orange, a Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla) or I bring a bag of Smart Pop popcorn.
  • ashaa7
    ashaa7 Posts: 12
    Options
    eat small meals instead of Bfast, lunch, dinner. I recently have started doing that and I love knowing that at 3pm I can have another 200 cal meal.
  • veganashley
    veganashley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a snack, and often a carbonated water. It gives me a little energy boost when I'm stuck at my desk. I know it's mostly boredom hunger, but I plan for it, so it's fine. Plus it means I'm less likely to overeat at dinner.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The way I overcame this is to limit my "eating window" to 8 hours a day. You'll find the literature behind this as a program called intermittent fasting...it's not a diet, rather just a eating protocol.

Two things I know to be true, science aside. First, I don't crash if I'm hungry. Two, eating 8 small meals a day offers no advantage over eating 3 meals in 8 hours. So the logical solution is to set eating schedules so that you will not have a crash in the early afternoon.

In my view, the best way to do this is to starve until early afternoon. which is what I do, and have done for almost 4 years.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wake up @ 3pm :happy: