New to My Fitness Pal

Options
I just joined and I can already tell the displiine involved in tracking everything I put in my mouth will help me alot. I am looking forward to losing 30 lbs. My health, age and mind all need it. I am a bit over 50, the new middle age- HA. I want the ole body to feel the same " the new middle age". I have tried most all clinical and self help diets and it just boils down to exercise and eating right. Look forward to posting and watching other inspiring stories to keep me on track..

djacdavis

Replies

• mklawle
    mklawle Posts: 8
    Options
    :drinker: Hi and welcome!! I joied last week and already obsessed with keeping track of everythin! It helps so much! My mom is almost fifty and in one week she has lost 5 pounds just from counting calories alone! It is such an amazing website!!! Good luck! :)
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • karenga
    karenga Posts: 28
    Options
    I have only been on for a few weeks and love it. I bought an iphone just to help keep track and its great.
  • djacdavis
    djacdavis Posts: 8
    Options
    Me too, I am finding that keeping track is really a helpful tool if I can get to dinner with out using all my calories. Wow - what a realization of how much you really consume! I wonder if I can track on my Blackberry Bold? Anyone know?
  • djacdavis
    Options
    Thanks, so much. I am finding it is really helpful and what an eye opener. I have tried every clinical diet and then some. I forget from years ago it is simply calorie counting and exercise. Looking forward to being part of such a great group.
  • djacdavis
    Options
    :drinker: Hi and welcome!! I joied last week and already obsessed with keeping track of everythin! It helps so much! My mom is almost fifty and in one week she has lost 5 pounds just from counting calories alone! It is such an amazing website!!! Good luck! :)
  • djacdavis
    Options
    I am so excited to join and really am finding it helpful. Now I just need to find a picture to post.