weirdest scale results

Options
i have come across very weird scale results and need u people's guidance with tat.
today i grabed my scale to to measure my weight and to my shock when i measure myself by placing scale on a carpet it was 66 kg and when i re-measured my weight by placing the same scale on floor of the same room , the scale showed 64kg weight

So what could be possible reasons for difference readings on a same scale at the same time but with different surfaces i.e. one time on carpeted floor other time floor with no carpet.

Replies

• fairie_marie
    Options
    A scale has to sit even. Putting it on carpet it is not even. If your floor has a slight slant it will not read correctly either.. The way best to gage your weight loss is to keep it in the same spot. That way even if it is a bit off from say the doctors office, it can still show how much you have lost.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i have come across very weird scale results and need u people's guidance with tat.
    today i grabed my scale to to measure my weight and to my shock when i measure myself by placing scale on a carpet it was 66 kg and when i re-measured my weight by placing the same scale on floor of the same room , the scale showed 64kg weight

So what could be possible reasons for difference readings on a same scale at the same time but with different surfaces i.e. one time on carpeted floor other time floor with no carpet.

There ya go, different surfaces, always weigh yourself at the same time, in the same (or lack of) attire and ON THE SAME PLACE.

Sorted :)
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    This is normal. Never weigh yourself on carpet for the reasons already given. Scales are designed to work on a hard surface!
  • CynthiaMetallic
    CynthiaMetallic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It should always be on a solid surface. Keep it on the floor for accurate reading.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    so what do u all suggest???should i believe on hard surface readin which is 64 kg or carpeted surface reading which is 66 kg??
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Go for hard surface I'd say. It's how the scale was designed to be used. I also had a similar experience this week. Made me feel really good for a while until I googled it... :laugh:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    so what do u all suggest???should i believe on hard surface readin which is 64 kg or carpeted surface reading which is 66 kg??

Didn't you read the replies?
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options

I read all replies but askind this because 64KG would make me die with happiness as all MFPs can understand how does it feel to loosse 2 KG :)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options

I read all replies but askind this because 64KG would make me die with happiness as all MFPs can understand how does it feel to loosse 2 KG :)
    OK, will type this slowly :) The previous time to weighed yourself was it on a hard surface (preferable) or a carpeted surface (not a good idea). If it was a hard surface then you can die with happiness :)