ladies in the 150's......

Options
rogers8702
rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
what is a typical menu for your day?

i lost 60 lbs pretty easy but have been struggling for like 6 months to get under 150. i have been toying between 157-153 for 2 months now. im getting so frustrated.... i love reading others menus and grocery list

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into the 155-165 range after gaining all the weight I lost for my wedding last Auust back :-( My "if every day were like today" button says I should be right at 155 in 5 weeks SO... For breakfast I usually have oatmeal or greek yogurt with berries (approx 250 cal). For lunch I have a sandwich/salad/lean cuisine and fruit amounting to 350 cal I'll have an afternoon snack of about 200 calories (usually nutella and whole wheat wheat thins to rid myself of the sweets) and dinner consists of whatever my husband demands (pepper steak, pork, ckn ceasar salad, etc.) of which I only eat a 400 calorie portion. I stick with the 1200 calories a day that is recommended for me. As for my work-out calories (about 600/day on average) I will only eat a MAX of 300 of these back ONLY if i am feeling very hungry. I try to listen to my body to tell if i need more food or a certain type of food and i drink TONS of water. Good luck with your weight loss goals! I hope you reach them
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    That's awesome progress! I was stuck between 150 and 160 for YEARS!! I think what finaly did it was a combination of P90X and super clean eating. Lots of green veggies, no high GI foods, chicken breast, turkey breast and fish and whole grains only. I cut baack on alcohol and dairy and stopped using salt. I was at about 150 in January and I'm at 143 now, trying to break into the 130s! The dream *sigh* :)
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i've been steady between 153-151 for a few weeks now, and would LOVE to end at 140. I'm 5'6", but have aways been on the thick side. My food diary is public - maybe it'll spark some new ideas for you - good luck!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm currently stuck at 151 and have only moved 1/2 a pound in the last 2 weeks. So i feel ya! I don't think my scale wants me to see the 140's.....

My food diary is public, so you can see that. I just raised my calories intake from 1200 to 1350 starting today. This next week I plan on incorporating HIIT on my treadmill (5 min of warm up and cool down and 20 minutes of intense HIIT). I also am starting 30 day shred - level 3 and do some strength training. I try to eat back half of my exercise calories. I'm zig-zaggin this next week too. Hopefully the change in exercise and zig zagging gets me into the 140s!!!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would maybe try uping your exercise. Try doing at least 30 mins everyday (ranging from an *kitten* kicking workout to a walk after dinner) for a couple of weeks and see how that works.
  • ndiamond
    ndiamond Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Here's my typical day...

Breakfast: 1/2 double fiber english muffin with one serving of turkey slices and 2 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese. One medium size apple. (If I weight train in the morning, I'll add a hard boiled egg) approx 300 cal

Lunch: El Pollo Loco Ceasar Salad with a extra side of chop chicken breast and low fat cilantro dressing. approx 500 cal

Dinner: 4 oz Salmon, 1/2 cup broccoli and 1/4 cup wild rice or pearl barley. approx 400 cal

Snacks: Almonds (I love the cocoa covered ones!), Low fat cheese of any kind, reduced fat peanut butter with sliced apples, watermelon

I beefed up my cardio to 1 hour 5 days a week. I feel great! :) Hope this helps!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started at 162 and now keep bouncing from 157--153 as well. I'm closer to 157 right now and it makes me really depressed. I'm the eater kind though...I guess that's why I'm on here because I eat emotionally!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I kkep bouncing between 153 and 155. I'm at 154 now. it can become so annoying that you are doing all this work and the scale doesn't move. I was so fed up that I got a personal trainer...lets hope that helps.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I hit a 5 week plateau in the 150's, that's when I joined this site. I am pretty strict with what I eat, so my diet isn't for everyone, but take a peek if you want.
    You'll see the turkey sandwich a lot. Here is what is all in it:
    Arnolds sandwich thin, hummus, alfalfa sprouts, (3)smoked turkey slices, tomato slice, along with the rest of the small tomato and some carrots.
    Anything else just ask.
    Steph
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    great job on the 60 that are gone! :drinker: i started out at 162, went through the 150's fairly easily and now kinda slowing down in the 140's. My goal is to get under 140, but i don't care if that is only 1/2 - 1 off per week, as long as it's going in the right direction. some weeks i don't lose anything, and i just keep on truckin' :happy: My calorie goal...i adjust it between 1180 and 1280 every few weeks just to change it up, my diary is open to friends if you want to friend me.:flowerforyou: I also try to get in 3 days of a serious workout in each week and just do a little "extra" on the other days, like heavy cleaning, walking the dog, etc.

good luck
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 141.7 lbs as of this morning but I had a rough plateau in the 150's. You can check out my food diary- it's public and I've been doing what I consider pretty good this past week!
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm hispanic and I think the powers that be like us girls curvy. I can't shake out of the 50's either! I think I passed through the 30s and 40s when I was younger.
    Although you don't want the advice from someone who can't seem to lose the weight with her current plan, here is one of my days:

B: coffee, yogurt and banana.

L: 2 homemade chicken tacos on whole wheat tortillas and a little cheese.

D: fish and veggies or chicken and rice.

Snacks consist of fruit, pretzles or Quaker Rice Cakes.

Good luck!