Free (for now) iTunes fitness app

Options
There's a fitness app called Move - Daily Activity to Stay Healthy on iTunes. It gives you a bunch of mini-exercises to do whenever you look at the app like 20 body weight squats or plank or 45 seconds, etc. It seems like it might be fun for a bit of extra calorie burn throughout the day.

It's free today, but I don't know how long it will be free. I have nothing to do with it, I just thought I'd pass on the freebie joy.

EDIT: sorry, screwed up the title, I have it right now

Replies

• emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Oh cool, I'm gonna check that out. Thanks!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. :smile: I haven't tried it out much yet, but hey for free, it can't be that bad.
  • jan112
    jan112 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That's fun!! Thank you!
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    thanks for the share... will try it out :flowerforyou:
  • MishaKudo
    MishaKudo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! I'm going to check it out. :) Thanks for the heads up!
  • Showmm
    Options
    I found the link to the US iTunes (was on my iPad before and it wouldn't show the link address for me). https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/move-daily-activity-to-stay/id555994760?mt=8
  • jeffn9
    jeffn9 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks! All over it!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I got to do the macarena for 2 mins. what fun! and it tells you how many calories burned.
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I grabbed this when it went free a few days ago, but hadn't gotten a chance to use it until today. Really enjoying it, actually. I have it set to alert me throughout the work day to remind me to get out of my chair. Anyone else given it a try yet? I like that you can set the duration between workout reminders and between what hours you want to be alerted. The "How tos" for the exercises are great and I like that you can refresh the workout if you can't do whatever one it first pulls up for you to do. I can do a side-plank for 60 seconds in my office, but can't exactly go "frolic in a field" for instance. Very user-friendly!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I just saw this post today and checked out the app. It is only $.99 so I bought it. It might be cool to do just for extra strength throughout the day.

Thanks for posting!!
  • Showmm
    Options
    Yes, I've been using it too and agree it's very user friendly, especially with the how to videos. It is a bit of a guilt inducer when you miss them, as it sends you a message that you've missed 6 in a row with a sad face. :-( I was out most of yesterday and it was terribly upset with me when I got back!
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The frown-y smilie is a pretty effective guilt-tripper! I downloaded the app a while ago, but hadn't used it yet and forgot to tell it to skip yesterday since I wasn't ready to start it up. Saw that ":-(" and it definitely motivated me to try it today! lol "Don't be sad, Move! I'll exercise; I promise!"