scales going down, but i dont see a difference...

Options
i can see little of a difference but not as much as i think i should be seeing for how much ive lost... why is that?

Replies

• Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot to lose you won't see a difference for a while
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Think of a roll of paper towel. You have to use about half of it before you even notice that any is missing, right? But then toward the end, every sheet you take off is pretty much noticeable.

It's pretty much the same with getting the fat off our lean bodies. :)
  • maaandyxoxo
    Options
    Think of a roll of paper towel. You have to use about half of it before you even notice that any is missing, right? But then toward the end, every sheet you take off is pretty much noticeable.

what a good explanation!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've got a double Bounty roll to work with so can't wait to shed some sheets!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You will get there. Keep giving it time. Go by how you and your clothes feel and by what everyone is saying. I still feel like I'm the giant girl that I was. And then other days, I feel so small. I don't always see the difference when i look at myself.
  • curejenn
    curejenn Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I LOVE this description!!
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Take lots of pictures to compare! The mirror is a liar! :)
  • curejenn
    curejenn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've got a double Bounty roll to work with so can't wait to shed some sheets!

This seriously made me laugh!! Me too, lady! Me too!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    what did you weigh to start with?
    i am the same way, i started at 127 (i am 5'4) and am now 101. i really dont feel like i look much different but i wasnt really that big to begin with. are you taking measurements? i notice it a lot in my clothes, i used to wear a 5/7 in juniors i wear a 0/1 now so obviously there is a change. im sure there is a difference it may just be hard to tell
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    That paper towel analogy is so perfect. I'm working on losing and experiencing the same thing so far, despite losing at least 13 lbs (weight in tomorrow, and do so every 2 weeks, so likely more than 13 now :)), I don't see any real difference. That said, I can FEEL the difference -- my step is lighter, I am one notch smaller on my belt, and so forth. The appearance part will come.
  • tiffanycsmith
    tiffanycsmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way as the OP. I haven't even lost half of what you've lost and I feel discouraged. But the paper towel metaphor helps a bit.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Take progress pics every month! It's a must for those times where you can't see your loss.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not I often don't see the difference when I look in the mirror still. Could just be a mental thing. Anyway it's more about how you feel. Are you feeling awesome? Do you have more energy? Those are the things I noticed first and those are what kept me going.
    Also look back at old pictures. You'll probably see it then.
  • brooklynnbabyg
    Options
    Everyone says that you are your own worst critic. I have lost 20 pounds so far and I honestly have not seen a difference also. The thing is, a lot of people around me have. Just give it time, you will see it. try not to get discouraged. Use what people tell you, and what your body is telling you. I know from my own personal experience with this i have more energy and I am fitting into clothes I have not before. Just keep up the good work, you are doing awesome!!
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

I'm going to steal this!
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yes, all of the above! Take pictures, once a week or every other week, and you'll see the difference. When you see yourself everyday its hard to see.