Protein Shakes

Options
sharont81
sharont81 Posts: 24 Member
I know that skipping meals will not make me sucessful in loosing weight. I am interested in protein shakes for a meal replacement when i am extremely busy. Any ideas on receipes or sites to go to online?

Replies

• nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Maybe not exactly what you want, but here are some interesting recipes:

http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/556857-20-delicious-protein-powder-recipes-that-are-not-shakes/
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like Arbonne's Protein shake powder
  • sharont81
    sharont81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love the livestrong site. my doc actually listed this site as one he recommends for his patients for reliable info.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

This site has tons of protien recipes.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Search the MFP threads here for "Protein Shakes" and you'll get a slew of them! I make a protein shake for breakfast about half of the time, with oatmeal or omelets the other days of the week. So long as you're getting enough nutrition it's a perfectly acceptable way to make weight loss and eating well work with a busy schedule.

A great base is -

1/3-1/2 cup cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or other dairy with protein
    protein powder of choice
    lots of ice or 1 cup of frozen fruit, as desired (or a combination)
    some kind of liquid, either water or milk/milk alternative (i'd use dairy if omitting the dairy above)
    flavourings - extracts, pudding mix, cocoa powder, coffee, spices, sweeteners if needed
    1 Tbsp or 1 serving of healthy fats - either nuts, nut butter, nut flower, ground flax, chia seeds, avocado, or coconut oil
    A few handfuls of greens to add substance and nutrition - you can't taste it at all!

Depending on what you use and how thick/thin you like your smoothies, the measurements can change. I like to eat my shakes with a spoon and so I really bulk up on ice and spinach.

Do a little searching. It can be daunting/overwhelming but try a few, experiment with what you like and don't like, and have fun with it.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I buy the Body Fortress at Walmart. Very tasty and inexpensive.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    2 big scoops of protein powder
    16 ounces of milk
    6 ice cubes
    2 heaping table spoons of peanut butter
    1 large sliced banana
    Place in blender and blend to desired thickness
  • tanderson1000
    Options
    2 big scoops of protein powder
    16 ounces of milk
    6 ice cubes
    2 heaping table spoons of peanut butter
    1 large sliced banana
    Place in blender and blend to desired thickness

Oh my....that would almost be my daily calorie limit although it sounds great :)
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    pure protein..ready to drink vanilla creme..cookies and creme..frosty chocolate.....if you refrigerate them..they taste good....many other choices than protein shakes though for easy meals...