Moms who exercise in the AM... what is your schedule?

Options

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I go to bed whenever my daughter decides i'm ready.

I get up between 5:30 and 6

I would love to get 8 hours of sleep. doesn't always happen
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Up at 6, at gym by 6:15-6:30, work out for an hour and get home in time for hubby to get to work and for me to get my kids dressed/packed for preschool.
    On those days (only about 2 a week since the other two times I sneak my workouts in mid-morning and use the gym's childwatch) I try to get to bed by 10-10:30.

The key is to choose your mornings carefully and let yourself "sleep in" or loaf a little on the other mornings. That way, getting up early is an attainable goal, versus committing to getting up at 4:30 or 5 EVERY DAY and then burning out.

Good luck and fit the workout into your lifestyle so that it is serving you, not the other way around!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of you get up really early by my standards! I'm in the UK, and I think work and school tend to start a bit later than in North America. 9am is usual start time for my husband if he's in the office, son's nursery opens at 8:45 and daughter's school starts at 8:55am. I'm trying to justify this in my head for the starting times being so different. Seriously, in our house, if you are up before 6:30am, you better either be very ill and needing help or dashing off to catch a plane or train somewhere.

I go to bed between 11pm and 1am, but really try for it to be before midnight.
    Alarm is set for 7:00, usually snooze until 7:15. I aim for 7 hours of sleep, so will have a little nap later in the day if bedtime was late the night before.
    Get everyone dressed and ready for school or nursery, leave the house by 8:40am.
    Home by 9:05am.
    I then answer emails (aka look at Facebook and MFP) until around 10, then do morning workout.

This is what I strive for at least.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    In bed by 10 or 11pm. Wake up at 5:10am workout until about 6am. Then I eat breakfast and shower before the kids wake up at 7am. I've been using this schedule for almost 2 years now- works well for me. I set my alarm for 6am on the weekends so I don't get too far out of my sleep schedule..
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of you get up really early by my standards! I'm in the UK, and I think work and school tend to start a bit later than in North America. 9am is usual start time for my husband if he's in the office, son's nursery opens at 8:45 and daughter's school starts at 8:55am. I'm trying to justify this in my head for the starting times being so different. Seriously, in our house, if you are up before 6:30am, you better either be very ill and needing help or dashing off to catch a plane or train somewhere.

I go to bed between 11pm and 1am, but really try for it to be before midnight.
    Alarm is set for 7:00, usually snooze until 7:15. I aim for 7 hours of sleep, so will have a little nap later in the day if bedtime was late the night before.
    Get everyone dressed and ready for school or nursery, leave the house by 8:40am.
    Home by 9:05am.
    I then answer emails (aka look at Facebook and MFP) until around 10, then do morning workout.

This is what I strive for at least.
    Alas, Europeans are far more laid back that Americans....we need your influence for sure! lol:)
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am up with my husband at 4:45 a.m. When he leaves for the office I hit our home gym. I'm done and have a bit of quite time before waking the kids for school. We generally settle down for the night around 8:45-9:00 and I average 6.5-7 hrs of sleep.

It was a super hard routine to adjust too but now on my day off from working out I notice a drag that hangs on for the better part of my morning.

Love me some exercise in the early hours!
  • slimgoody05
    slimgoody05 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    what time do you go to bed at night?
    What time to do you wake up in the AM?
    how many hours of sleep do you aim for?

Thanks!!!

In bed between 9 - 9:30
    Wake up at 5 am M-F. 7am on Saturday/Sunday
    7-8 hours
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Go to bed around 10 (or try to at least, my husband gets home late), wake up at 4:45 to go to the gym at 5:30 and work out until 7:30, then head back home to dress the boys and make the family breakfast. I try to aim for at least 7 hours but sometimes I'm nowhere close.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I usually wake up about 4:15 to 4:30 a.m. I get to the gym usually around 4:45 a.m. or 5. I get home just about 6 am, make son's breakfast, take a shower, wake up daughter and feed her, finishing getting ready for school and work, take daugter to school (thank God my son's school is in walking distance and get to work by 8:00 a.m. HOWEVER, I'm practically falling asleep by 8:00 p.m. I try to get to bed by 9:30 so I can get 6-7 hours of sleep. But I love the morning workout. It's a great way to start the day! (I keep repeating that to myself as I put my gym clothes on in the morning - LOL)
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I try to go to bed by 11pm, usually asleep by 11:30.
    Wake up at 7:15am, we're out the door by 8:30, and I'm at the gym by 9am usually. My oldest is in kindergarten and youngest plays in the gym nursery. Done at the gym by 10 or 10:30 depending what day it is.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    what time do you go to bed at night?
    What time to do you wake up in the AM?
    how many hours of sleep do you aim for?

Thanks!!!

bed at 8-9pm
    up anytime between 4-5am
    run. at the weekends i will run the 15km to work (thus up at 4am). some days i may bike in for a change. weekdays i drive to work and do between 5-10kms before work. start work at 7am (there's a shower there so that works out well). hubby is a stay at home dad so i don't really have to worry about the kids that early in the day.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    bedtime about 9pm - 10pm
    Im up at 6am, feed bubs, feed me, feed hubby & then get my workout in about 8am, baby usually sits there williingly for 20 min then my partner takes him . ( this is when we are not travelling for work)

When we travel for work it up at 530 am get hubby ready for work, i get bubba up and feed him, i hurry to get orgainised and then head out the door to go for a walk/jog for myself. Bed time the same maybe earlier cos hubby is exhauusted from work.

Oh yeh i get usually between 6 -8 hr sleep can be less depending on the baby. I need sleep i do not function without it
  • heyjay31
    heyjay31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I lift and do cardio at home in my detached garage. I get the two older kids on the bus at 6:45 am, have breakfast and take care of 6month old. When it is time for the baby's nap, usually 8:30ish, I put her to sleep in room in the garage and work out. Usually until 10. Then at 1:30 when I get husband off to work, I do 30 day shred in my living room. I'm usually in bed around 9 but not asleep until 10. I wake up around 5am
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I coach middle school volleyball and basketball, so September- December is a huge struggle since I have to hold practice at 6:30 am before school. I would love to say I get a workout in before I leave at 6. Haha. So I try my best to workout after school before or during one of our boys' practices. I need 7-8 hours of sleep, at least! Now, January through September I usually get up at 5:15, stretch, and get a workout in before 6:45 or so before the boys wake up and we need to leave at 7:40. This doesn't always happen, but I love entering my day knowing that my workout is something I have done that day, not something I need to do.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Giving contrast as its fun. No kids and work in PM. No choice due to gym opening at 6am and I work at 7am or class at 7:30am.

I get up at 5:30am-6am Monday through Friday and head out to work. I work out in the evening around 5:30pm to 6:30pm.

Weekends lend more freedom... Saturdays I do not sleep in, up at 6:30am to run at 8am with a big group. Sundays I run after morning choir rehearsal and mass around 1pm. Homework in afternoon/evenings.

I only run and go out of my way to run with another person or group of people. Makes all the world of difference.

I'm in bed 9pm-10pm depending on the night. I aim for 7.5 to 8 hours of sleep and have a very hard time functioning without that.

I am in school full time, work 20 hours a week, honor society 4 hours a week, choir twice a week, and running club along with a huge amount of homework in upper division accounting classes! It's quite a handful but I'm enjoying it immensely so far.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Go to bed around 9-10 pm. Wake up around 6am shower and get my workout clothes on and prepare my meals for the day. Eat breakfast around 7:00 and get my son up and ready for school. Drop my son off at school at 8:30 and head to the gym three days a week I workout with a personal trainer for 30 mins. I go to work from the gym and pick my son up from school in the afternoon and drop him off at home and go back to work. After work I will either go home and make my son dinner or head back to the gym for a second workout. Every day is different depending on the classes at the gym and my work schedule.
  • tasha2155
    tasha2155 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I have going on, I am usually in bed between 1am-2am. I try to get 8 hours, but I have insomnia, and even with medication, I usually only sleep about 4-5 hours. I'm typically up by 7am, but I will just watch tv for a while and then workout at 9am. I have time to laze around the house in the morning because my classes don't start until later in the afternoon.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    wake up at 8- workout, shower, class for 10 then to work!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    oh this said moms...ooops lol!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I wake up when the boy wakes up (7 or 8 am). Get him changed, fed and playing with toys, then I change into my workout clothes. As soon as he goes gown fort him late-morning nap I do my workout. I keep meaning to get up before he wakes up for the day, but I just CAN'T ever seem to drag my butt out of bed before 7:30. Sigh. One day. ...Maybe. :tongue: