Best Choice from Subway

Options
What kind of sub -(and tastiest) can I get from subway for around 400 cals?
What do you usually get when you go there? That's my dinner plans for tonight......

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    oven roasted chicken breast salad with no cheese and red wine vin. dressing is only 190 cals
  • rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    Options
    The new orchard chicken salad is great!! (in my opinion :smile: ) The subway website says a 6 inch (wheat or white) with ONLY the chick salad is 370. I dont put anything extra on mine and like I said I think its great.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wow! 190 calories! I just read an article that suggested that roast beef is, generally, a good sandwich choice at sub shops. I'm curious to know if anyone has compared.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    She said 400, not 200. I usually get:

Flatbread
    Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
    Pepper jack cheese
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Green peppers
    Red onions
    Jalapenos
    Light mayo
    Salt & Pepper

Which ends up being:

Cal: 400 | Fat: 12 | Fiber: 3 | Protein: 24 | Sodium: 1,015 | Sugar: 4

Just make sure they ONLY put 3 jalapenos, 3 green peppers, 3 red onions because those have high sodium and can get high in calories.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure you can go to subway.com and use their nutritional calculator to figure out exactly what you should get. I want to try the new orchard chicken!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure you can go to subway.com and use their nutritional calculator to figure out exactly what you should get. I want to try the new orchard chicken!
    Yep, it's all there.

I usually get a 12" black forest ham, w/provolone. 1/2 tonight for dinner, 1/2 for lunch tomorrow. 350 cals or so with the cheese and good good good.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I usually get a 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast with american cheese (you can skip this clearly), lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, onions and a teaspoon of light mayo. This comes to about 370 if I am not mistaken. Its yummy too :bigsmile:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Roast beef is good I like that, the turkey breast, and the black forest ham (because its a $5 and I get 2 meals out of it) The ham is probably the highest in sodium of the 3. If you get a Sub the sodium is crazy high on all of them. Must be the bread.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I think the sodium comes from the cured meat. Everything's a trade off, isn't it?!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    I liked the new orchard chicken. It's 370 just the sub by itself on wheat 6". I got lettuce and tomato on it to, cuz that's no biggie on calories. Was very good. And at only 660 of sodium, it's one of the least sodium-heavy sandwiches you can get. Since I'd started tracking sodium I had really limited what I was getting from Subway to one or two things, so it's definitely nice to have something different!
  • stfuandrun
    stfuandrun Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I always get a 6" veggie on wheat bread with either brown mustard (235 calories, 2.5g fat) or, if I'm feeling daring and can afford the calories, chipotle sauce (a rare treat since it's 12.5 grams of fat - thanks to the sauce - and 330 calories).
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i usually just get a veggie delite on honey oat with red wine vinegar.

cuts out some of the sodium you get in the sandwiches with meat.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I usually get a steak and cheese without the cheese. then load up on veg. the 6 inch is just under 400 including light mayo.