Running Shorts

Options
I have been doing the Couch to 5k running program. I run in bike shorts (the 9" longer ones) - they also call them Power Liner shorts. . However, I am having trouble finding the 9" shorts any more. Does anyone have suggestions?

Also, let me say.. embarrassingly, that my thighs are big. So, I have tried quite a few shorts.. but when I jog-- the shorts all bunch up on the insides of my thighs which looks disgusting -and is super uncomfortable. SO.. I have to keep pulling the shorts down to stop the "ride up" -

Anyone have any short suggestions? The obvious answer is for me to lose weight.. and then my thighs wouldn't be such an issue.. :) I am trying to get there !

Replies

• tamidecali
    tamidecali Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Honestly I had the same issue with shorts bunching so I switched to running tights, Capri style when it's hot. Kohls sells tek gear brand style is shape wear and I love them!!! Very forgiving and slim you even. I also like old navy's compression style active wear...
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts. They look like bike shorts, only without the padding. Not sure how long your thighs are, but anything over 7" works for me (I'm 5'7"). Try runningwarehouse.com.

Unless it's miserably hot, capris work very well, too.
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I second compression shorts, I love Nike Pro 5-7in. Downside (pathetic I know) is that the super short ones come in 500 colors and patterns, but the 7in usually are in black only. ( I told you it was a pathetic downside)
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I just wear regular cotton shorts. Hate the riding up!!
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, that's why I don't wear shorts when running. I have capris, yoga pants or running tights.. Kohls has good stuff..