So I did something dramatic!

Options
I threw out my couch. Today was garbage day and boom, I took it apart and threw it in the trash! I know right? Crazy!

I put my elliptical trainer in front of the TV and made a deal with me. I don't usually watch much TV but I have 2 shows I watch every week (Grey's Anatomy and Walking Dead) , so I'm going to TiVo them and watch them while working out! I might have to pick up a third show just to round out my week! lol!

In any case, anyone else do something dramatic like that?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    No, I kept the couch for when company comes.
  • caribear1984
    Options
    I replaced a chair in my living room with my treadmill. I am much more likely to use it when I can see it all the time.
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Love your dedication.
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you :)
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I threw out my couch. Today was garbage day and boom, I took it apart and threw it in the trash! I know right? Crazy!

I put my elliptical trainer in front of the TV and made a deal with me. I don't usually watch much TV but I have 2 shows I watch every week (Grey's Anatomy and Walking Dead) , so I'm going to TiVo them and watch them while working out! I might have to pick up a third show just to round out my week! lol!

In any case, anyone else do something dramatic like that?

LMAO! That is AWESOME! If I ever get rid of this computer chair, I will credit you with the inspiration! :smile:
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    you go girl!
    my husband gets unnerved if I just rearrange furniture! Yes he is stuck in a rut, so I like to shake things up!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That's cool and all, but but but... was there something wrong with it? I cannot imagine throwing away a perfectly good couch, lol.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome :P. I told my hubby I wanted to do that awhile ago and he looked at me like I had grown two extra heads :P
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    maybe should've sold it? but i like where your heads at!
  • Starlightbella
    Starlightbella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's Gutsy but I LOVE IT! :drinker:
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    No, I kept the couch for when company comes.

All guests must put in at least 30 minutes before allowed a chair.
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    That is brave! Congratulations, I wouldn't have been able to. :laugh:
  • 2fat2fail
    Options
    LOL! The couch was not in great condition (it carried two teen boys through highschool) and I hated it! In my area, nothing that is even of minute use and goes out to the garbage on garbage day gets on the truck. Several parts of the couch were gone within minutes of my placing it at the curb, probably mixed media artists.

We don't really spend much time in front of the TV, and with guests, we hang out in the kitchen or dining room, so no one is going to miss it much. The only caveat is that it had a sofa bed, and when friends came to town, that bed was popular (I live in a hip hood!).

The husband looked at me weird too, but then I pointed to our chubby, lumpy, bellies and he understood.

x
    L
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Very awesome.