Calling all ladies with toned abs, I'm in need of your help!

Options
lculian
lculian Posts: 313 Member
So it seems that there are a large number of moms who have had c-sections that are worried about never having a tone stomach. If you have toned yours up after a c-section share your story and workout. There has to be a way!!

I'm almost a success story, but I'm not quite there, so any ideas are welcome!!!

Replies

• MommyNegray
    MommyNegray Posts: 10
    Options
    I would love to see this too. I am working on losing the weight and toning...after 2 c-sections. Hope to hear from some of ya!
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Count me in as well!..Although I haven't had a C-sec but instead have diastasis which doesn't seem to be going away :grumble: I want my abs back but I know I need to be careful about what ab exercises I do as well.
  • snutley84
    snutley84 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i would like to know also 2 csections and i have lots of yucky stretchty skin
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I haven't had children but i am planning on ttc this august so I'm very interested.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I want to hear the secret too :laugh:
  • jennb5255
    jennb5255 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear also! I've had 3 c-sections and would love to be able to get my abs back!!
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    There is no secret. Having 6 pack abs after giving birth via c section or not is all reliant on how clean your diet is. It's all about burning away fat to reveal a tight tummy. When you eat processed foods insulin and cortisol spike leading to an increase in belly fat. So if you want a tight midsection you need to eat whole foods every 2-3 hours and keep processed food and alcohol to a minimum.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on mine. The upper is starting to look better in photos but my boys carried low and both were C-sections ... those shorts cover the messy part ... it hangs :sick:. It has gotten smaller but I'm not sure if it's lifted at all or if it will.
  • tosize2
    tosize2 Posts: 32
    Options
    I may be an anomaly, but I have had four kids and one c-sections and have flat abs! (thank the good lord)
    I truly believe it is my training in ballet as a girl. Good posture is always automatic and my abs are always engaged.
    If you can somehow remember your posture - straight back, head high, abs engaged - and create a habit, it will cerainly help!
    This is what the new core training craze is all about. I don't think a few minutes of core workouts or abdominal wall exercises will do it alone. And I agree with the previous post about fat loss - that is essential. Hope this helps!
  • ashleywilson
    ashleywilson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've never had a c-section, but have had 3 kids, and with each of them my stomach stretched more each time. Weather or not I get flat abs back is irrelevant to the face that I will have to have a tummy tuck to rid of all of the excess skin from all the stretching.