Question in regards to roadmap 2.0

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

^^ in regards to roadmap 2.0

How many pounds have you all lost on avg. per week since using this method??

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I went six months without losing a pound - but during that time, I lost fat and inches and dropped more than a pants size. :smile:

My profile photo shows progress since starting with the road map. I honestly couldn't tell ya an average of how many pounds per week I've lost - I just know that it's giving me the best success I've had with getting fit. Some weeks it's more inches lost, some weeks it's pounds - it varies for me.
  • UseItForFuel
    UseItForFuel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing! Congrats, girl! :)
  • sarbear1993
    Options
    Awesome! Just calculated my new calories.... haven't lose weight on 1200 calories per day so I'm going to try this :) I'm a little scared because it seems counter active but it's worth a try!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    Just do it. You'll be so happy you did.
  • urbestlife32
    urbestlife32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was not losing for about two months. Read about the Road Map and finally started losing on 1800 to 2000 calories. I was eating 1500 - 1600 for many months. In the beginning week I gained two pounds for the food adjustment. But then lost those two and continue to lose body fat and weight. Slow is really the way to go. Good luck.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I lose an avg of 1.3 lbs per week.
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    Bump ~
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i'll have to come back to this... i changed my calories a week and a half ago... went from 1360 to 1800. so far i am up three pounds. But not worried about it.I feel great and started lifting weights. so i'm sure the scale is going to be off for a bit until my body adgusts. i'll try to keep you posted but i'm going to wait for three weeks to weigh in and measure. !
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I tried this for a couple months, eating 1800-2000 a day but it didn't really work for me. I got impatient when I only lost 3 lbs in that time and my body wasn't changing either.

I found success when I shifted my macros around and stopped focusing on calorie count. I switched to low carb a month and a half ago and now am losing 2 sometimes 3 lbs a week, 7 lbs in the first week! I only pay attention to carb count and macro %s, so I'm not sure how many cals I'm eating, I just eat til I'm not hungry, but I think Ive been getting around 1400-1600 daily.

I suppose it's also possible my IPOARM calculations were inaccurate and I was eating too much?

Hope my experience has helped you, good luck :D
  • sarbear1993
    Options
    Maybe I'll stay off the scale for a while...weigh myself every 2 weeks or month. I seem to weigh myself everyday and it's self sabotage...honestly I wish it was more then a 1 pound loss every week but slowly but surely I'll get there..
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll stay off the scale for a while...weigh myself every 2 weeks or month. I seem to weigh myself everyday and it's self sabotage...honestly I wish it was more then a 1 pound loss every week but slowly but surely I'll get there..

Weighing every day is setting yourself up for failure- unless you're already at goal and you're maintaining.

I upped mine a while back. Haven't lost any weight on the scale, but I've lost several percentage points of body fat and several inches. The weight will not change very much because you're replacing fat weight with muscle weight AND you retain fluids when you micro tear your muscles during repair. Getting serious definition and I'm loving it.
  • carfamily08
    Options
    I was losing a good 2lbs on average for awhile, now that I'm closer to goal it's slightly under a pound a week, maybe even closer to 1/2 pound. It's been steady though, I've lost every single week since I started using it last October.
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    This really helped the pounds start shedding for me, I believe I was under eating at first, then I switched to over eating, but then 2.0 brought me to a great middle ground. I was losing about 2 per week, but that has changed to 1 lb per week now. I believe this is because I am closer to my goal weight though.

Trust this process, make sure everything is accurate and honest, and it will work!