Anyone do a cleanse?!

Options
2»

Replies

• ashaa7
    ashaa7 Posts: 12
    Options
    I've done juice cleanses and the David Kirsch lemonade cleanse. I'd recommend juicing over the lemonade one but juicing just annoys me and I'd rather eat 1000 cals then drink them . I'd say stick to a clean diet instead
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    try Advocare 24 day Challenge. It is a cleanse, but is really more about learning proper food combinations and portions. I have lost almost 10lbs in 11 days, and 5" off my waist. Husband has lost 15lbs in 11 days. And we feel great.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Everything I want to say about this topic has already been said so much better in this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses

TL;DR: No, there is no reason/real benefit.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I do not care what has been proven and so on and so forth. I just go by how I feel when I do things. I do a colon cleanse once a month (NOT LAXATIVES), and I have done other cleanses. I do feel better and more energetic. The average person can carry up to 8-10 pounds of waste in their colon! Nasty!!! Maybe it is in my head, but once a month is not going to hurt anything.

The average person DOES NOT carry 8-10 pounds of waste in their colon. Who says that? The people selling colon cleanses, that's who.

And your colon is supposed to have waste in it all the time--that means that it's continually functioning as you continue to eat throughout the day. If your colon is empty, either you're not eating or you have some sort of GI blockage.

I work in the healthcare business and I do know that is a FACT. An average colon is 32 feet long. Please do some research on it.

If you work in the healthcare business you should know cleanses and detoxes are not necessary.

People can carry 8-10 lbs in their colon if they haven't gone to the bathroom in a while. When you "cleanse" your colon, once you eat and your body digests food it is filled right back up.
  • healthilybeautiful
    Options
    Try the lemon, cucumber, mint water detox. It's very tasty and actually worked for me!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    And this leads me to the question that has haunted me for 40+ years...and that is:

Specifically what toxin is being eliminated from the body in the detox?

It's a serious question...and I have yet to receive an answer. Perhaps this is the thread where that streak is finally ended. I certainly hope so.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Everything I want to say about this topic has already been said so much better in this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses

TL;DR: No, there is no reason/real benefit.

QFT
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    And this leads me to the question that has haunted me for 40+ years...and that is:

It's a serious question...and I have yet to receive an answer. Perhaps this is the thread where that streak is finally ended. I certainly hope so.

tumblr_mcvaun0CRb1rsi7hf.gif
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

That's the exact same question I always ask. Have never gotten a rational answer to it yet. "Teh toxinzzz, omgz!!1!!1!!11!"
  • PikaKnight
    Options

That's the exact same question I always ask. Have never gotten a rational answer to it yet. "Teh toxinzzz, omgz!!1!!1!!11!"

girl-shower-mustard-tomato-sauce-toxic-1359833206e.gif