Baby baptisms mommy is 100lbs down with pics

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
So I have posted before but I found this picture of my son Nicholas' baptism and it struck me what a difference had occurred between the birth of one baby and another.

When Nicholas was born I just kept eating like I always had and used his birth as an excuse to move less and eat more. He kept me up at night and that meant I didn't feel like making dinner and I certainly didn't feel like going through the trouble of a healthy dinner. I made these choices. The truth is I could have forced myself to be better, I know now I had it in me. I was younger, I was healthier, and I had one less toddler than I had when Donovan was born but I chose to cling to my excuses rather than get up and get the job done.

When Donovan was born I was sick of being overweight. I was sick of my own excuses. I was sick of being too tired to play with Nicholas. I made a whole host of new choices and the pictures show the difference between the 2. Most of you have read my story but for anyone who is interested in the how and how long I put it in here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/i-lost-weight-tricia-baker_n_2567788.html

Now for the part where I get to show pictures of my adorable babies in their adorable baptism outfit. Yes they are wearing the same one and yes my hubby is wearing the same tie.

218 maybe more... I avoided the scale
61ce5eef-e771-44fe-9c6c-822b7f4e2895_zps39dc3d6a.jpg

120 I'm 118 now but I don't think the 2lb difference is all that noticeable
523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg

Replies

• sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    YES!!! AWESOME!!
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference in the weight loss! You can see a noticible difference in your face alone between the pictures! That's amazing progress.
  • triciab79
    Options
    Working on that pics cropping sorry it cut half me off.... I'll have it fixed in a sec Ok fixed now!
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    every time i see your comparison pictures it helps keep me thinking i can hit my goal too. i can only imagine how many others you help inspire too.
  • CoachVakaNERD
    Options
    You look amazing! Looks like your husband (?) has lost weight too! Way to go!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    fantastic, you look great and it must be rubbing off on your husband as he seems to have lost some weight as well
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Wowwwwwwwwwwww, you look like a completely different person
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    You have done an encredeable job! way to go
  • Denisegp37
    Denisegp37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!! YOU LOOK FAB!
  • kmartinko
    Options
    Simply amazing!!! You look fantastic. What a great result. You are giving me hope.
  • triciab79
    Options
    You look amazing! Looks like your husband (?) has lost weight too! Way to go!

Yes he has! He is down about 40lbs. I make his lunch and dinner so I have been gradually cutting his calories.
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you look like a completely different person. Congratulations on you success.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    nice job!
  • jon1289
    jon1289 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Really well done! Hubby has done well too! Very noticeable. Mind you the Priest looks like he's changed an awful lot ;-)
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Awesome! Your babies are adorable! And you look fantastic. My husband has also lost some weigh just due to more healthy choices in the house.
  • Loveslupins
    Loveslupins Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your son is adorable and I loooove your hair. How did you get those waves?
    :love:
  • mumofsix
    mumofsix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • triciab79
    Options
    Great job! Your son is adorable and I loooove your hair. How did you get those waves?
    :love:

You use a styling mousse and heat protector while its wet, then dry it. Then twist random pieces around the curling iron without using the pinchy part (careful or you will burn your fingers). You do the ones on top close to the scalp and smaller and the ones underneath you grab larger pieces and only twist them lower down so that you don't end up with 80s big hair. :-)
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You're such a pretty lady and what a lucky family you have that you're taking good care of yourself and everyone else too.
  • Loveslupins
    Loveslupins Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks- i'll try that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!