-40 lbs in one year (4'11")

Options
cpaxrmr

blb42jn

I began my "hard core" weight loss journey on February 9, 2012 and now that it's February 15, 2013, I decided it was time to take a look back. I don't believe I'm quite at the body fat/muscle ratio that I set out for myself, but that's okay because I know this is a lifelong, ongoing progress. I'm just happy to see that I told myself a year ago that my long term (one year) goal was to get to 110 and I'm nearly there!

Anyways, not every day was perfect and on more than one occasion I ate my fair share of unhealthy food but I told myself never to give up and that every day was always another new day to make better choices. I found that the biggest struggle in this journey was making excuses. As soon as I realized that I'm the only one paying for my poor choices, I started making better ones and since then it has made life so much easier.

I don't follow any specific diet, I just try to stay within my calorie allowance for the day and I weight train about six days of the week with at least two days of cardio (specifically Zumba, since that is what started this whole thing for me). I continue to plan on working hard and have a new goal weight of anywhere between 100-105 lbs depending on how I feel when I get there and when I get there I plan on building muscle mass (so I honestly don't mind gaining weight for that). :)

I hope this motivates you all to do the best you can in your weight loss journeys because when you look back a year from now, wouldn't you want to be proud of yourself?

Follow me on instagram for more updates & progress pictures: @abellafit

Replies

• countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great commitment... you look great!
  • phillinnz
    phillinnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Thanks, it is very encouraging to see how fantastically you have done.
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! :)
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your "after" looks like your "before's" little sister. Nice work! :)
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    So nice to see success stories from other people my size! How many calories do you eat & also burn per day?
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Awesome results. You look terrific!
  • TheStefanieJ
    Options
    Great job! Your so little!
  • koalahugs
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I eat 1200 calories a day or a bit more.. It's all an estimate so I never really closely watch the numbers. I also don't log in calories burned from weight lifting so I can't really tell you how much I burn every day. As for the two days of cardio, I can burn anywhere from 300 - 500 calories per session since I get really into the moves for Zumba. Hehe. :)
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing :happy:
  • janten
    janten Posts: 64
    Options
    :love: :love:

you don't even look the same anymore!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!