Looking for friends to fight this battle of obesity!

Options
So I've been on MFP for a month now and have lost 12 pounds! I'm super happy but I feel like a have such a long road ahead of me!! 68+:smile: pounds to lose to be exact! Im 5'9 and carrying a lot of extra weight! It's been hard the last couple days especially with this darn sweet tooth I've got right now! It's tough but I'm doing my best to stay strong and stick with it! If there's anyone who would like to join me with this journey I'd appreciate it! I need all the help I can get! I'd love to share recipes,alternatives to the sweets,exercise pointers and anything that could help! It's going to be long journey but sharing success stories and knowing I'm not the only one out there going through this battle of stubborn weight and who would love to wear a pair of shorts for once or even better a nice pair of heels without the fear of them snapping and to just feel pretty! I'm definitely not a runner but plan to work my way there! Im a mommy carrying extra baby weight for to long and want to be healthy for my children and I'm a wifey who wants to look good for her hubby but most of all I need to do this for myself, I want to be healthy and live a long happy life!! :) It's about time I get off my butt and get it in gear,life is to short,and I'm not getting any younger! Anyone in the same boat feel free to send a friend request! :)

Replies

• mytman
    mytman Posts: 218
    Options
    welcome to this amazing journey and glad that you have decided to be apart of this, together as a group we can do amazing things as there is power in numbers and we are here to offer you support and motivation at the same time making this journey fun with a few laughs on the way

Feel free to add me that goes to anyone feel free to add me
  • SAHMommy81
    Options
    Thanks! The more support the better! It's going to be super tough but looking forward to having an amazing group of MFP friends to help one another get through this!!
  • kmartinko
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will get so much support and everyone is very helpful and willing to provide all kinds of tips and pointers. I have been ordering protein bars and snacks from dietdirect.com They have great tasting things that are perfect for someone who likes something sweet. The bars and snacks are good, and low or now sugar and high in protein. This will help you with the sweet cravings. Feel free to add me as a friend. Best of luck on your journey.:wink:
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have about 140 lbs. to lose. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Really, that's what this is all about. The journey. I've already begun training my mind for my "goal" weight. What happens then? Nothing. I keep doing what I'm doing now. Exercising, and journaling my food. I know if I ever stop, I'll go right back to where I am now.

I'm not on a diet. I'm just living.

You can do it. We all can. As long as you don't stop....you'll keep going :smile:
  • tommienana
    tommienana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp , i am new as well :happy:
  • Judddilicious
    Options
    I have between 160 and 180lbs to lose. Just take it one day at a time. There are so many different ways to kill a sweet tooth. Luckily I dont have too much of one. Every bit of support is a help!

Sent friend request :)
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    Friend me if you like....it's great to have this support system....I've lost about 38 lbs. it's not easy...but we can do it together. All for sharing recipes and exercise ideas