Noisey Knee

Options
Ive been doing BL Cardio Max. The 20 min workout with Bob is great, but every lounge I do my knee crunches, horrible sound but it doesnt hurt. Am I doing damage if I continue? What is that and how can I stop it? I do notice soreness the next day going down steps.

Replies

• gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I would have it checked out and untill then I would not do the lunges. It could be something small, but I think it's better to be cautious then mess up something bejond repair. I have been having problems with my ligaments in my right knee and after losing avout 20 pounds it seems to be getting a lot better. Hope that helps:drinker:
  • Nellie1drfl
    Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I guess its better to be safe then sorry. Goodbye to Bob for now!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Get it checked but don't worry too much - my knees sound all sorts of crunchy and my doctor advises me to ice them after workouts (even if there is no pain) and to take an anti inflammatory for pain (like ibuprofen). So far I've been doing fine!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    my husband recently had knee surgery for a torn meniscus. The dr explained what he was hearing in his knee was the arthritis.. So as mstahl said.. ice.. Ibuprofen both take down inflammation which is what arthritis is .. Inflammation of the joint. It never hurts to be cautious and have a dr look at it.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    lunges are not always the best choice for everyone. You may need to modify the exercise into squats (which also have their downside) or not go as far down as you currently are. IT never hurts to check things out with your doctor, you would hate to keep going and then injure yourself into a required length of time off.