good shoes??

Options
I realized after my cardio today on the treadmill that my shoes suck!! I have horrible blisters and they HURT! Does anyone know of a good pair of running shoes or shoes that work well on a treadmill?

Thanks!

Replies

• Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    There are plenty of great brands, but if you can, you should go to your local running shoe store and have your gait analyzed (for free) and if they are reputable they can recommend various shoes that will work well with your situation.

It's easy to go spend lots of $$$ on a popular shoe that people say they like, but if they don't fit you right and you're not comfortable in them, you won't use them or you could exacerbate injury.
  • TubOlard
    TubOlard Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree with Hermit4Hire. Definitely get analyzed. I myself have found that New Balance are the most comfortable to me but it's best to have a trained person in shoes to do that. Find a reputable store that deals strictly in athletic shoes that would be knowledgeable in your area.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of great brands, but if you can, you should go to your local running shoe store and have your gait analyzed (for free) and if they are reputable they can recommend various shoes that will work well with your situation.

It's easy to go spend lots of $$$ on a popular shoe that people say they like, but if they don't fit you right and you're not comfortable in them, you won't use them or you could exacerbate injury.
    Couldn't have said it better. Not necessarily cheap, but WELL WORTH every dime! I LOVE my new shoes - they're doing GREAT!!
  • SHAMEKALACHELLE
    SHAMEKALACHELLE Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    New Balance cross training shoes OR Nike running shoes with the lifts (i don't know what those things are really called)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Asics, Mizuno, Saucony, New Balance, to name a few. My suggestion is to go to a running store and have them assess your gait and foot strike and recommend the shoes that best fit your feet. Or you can go onto any of the shoe websites and use the shoe fit guides to help determine which shoes will best suite you.

Nike is a decent shoe, they tend to run small and I find that I blister more with nikes on the back of my heals because they tend to ride higher around the ankle but they have many options as well. I am a fan of the first three mentioned, in that order! Good luck!
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'll echo finding a good place to get fit for the right shoes. I went to Fleet Feet here and after some observation of my gait and some measuring of my feet, they put me in a pair of Saucony running shoes with an orthotic insert. After years of hip and back pain and not being able to walk more than half a mile, getting the right shoe setup was an eye opener. I can freaking WALK now, and am training for a 3 day, 60 mile walk.