£4000 on Bootcamp and Lose 30lb in a Month... Thoughts?

Options
I just saw this article and whilst she looks great, I do have to wonder how healthy losing that much weight that quickly can be...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2277941/What-way-Fast-food-fanatic-spends-4-000-redundancy-money-month-long-boot-camp--sheds-stone.html

Replies

• daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    oh wow, thats crazy! The only way I could see losing that fast would be if you weighed 300lbs + to start with. If you were any smaller this would be very unhealthy!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the article; just looked at the pictures and while she looks very happy, unless the trainer was with me 24/7 along with a personal chef, I cannot fathom paying that much even losing 1 lb a day. That is an astronomical amount of money, converted from pounds to dollars that's between $6,000-$8,000. No way. The only thing maybe worth that kind of money would be something instantaneous such as surgery.

Hopefully she can maintain that rapid weightloss.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i guess you can keep the weight off since there will be no more money for food.

i HATE doing "favors" for food. ugh.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Give me a thousand and a plane ticket, and I'll come cook for you and make you exercise all day. But I don't promise you'll lose 30 lbs, because I think that's crazy.
  • peas777
    Options
    i guess you can keep the weight off since there will be no more money for food.

i HATE doing "favors" for food. ugh.

Haha :D:D
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    more money than sense.
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    4 weeks at a £1000 a week for an all inclusive stay away with 1-1 personal training, doesn't sound too excessive when you break it down into its component costs... it's not for me tho, I'll stick with MFP.

At 20lb lost in 5 weeks for free, I'm only 6lb behind her and £4000 up :smile:
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    It does seem utterly crazy to me. I just can't understand how it could be healthy to lose 1lb a day for a month!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it worked for her. Personally I'd be really wary of blowing a severance check (her "redundancy payment") on a fitness boot camp. I'm happy to hear she found another job and her career is "taking off".

I hate to see people whose self-image is so tied up in their weight, though. Yes, it's good to lose excess pounds and see your muscles tone up- I've done that and it's all good. It's sad, though, that she let all the unkind words drive her to spend about $6K on a drastic weight-loss regime. Something slow and steady that's sustainable in real life might have been better for her- and a lot cheaper.
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Ridculous!!! you could lose that doing Lighterlife in a month, I lost more than that doing it for a tenth of the cost!! Some people have more money than sense!