Is this food healthy?

Options
Is one can of tuna in oil good to eat while on diet?

Replies

• jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes, tuna is good. Packed in water is probably better and if you check the can 2 oz is a serving. But, based on your calories, you could eat more.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Depends on:
    -What oil.
    -What else you're eating.
  • secret121
    Options
    thank u
  • secret121
    Options
    i was gonna drain the oil from the tuna and serve with natures own honey wheat bread 1 slice toasted with a bottle of 16.9 fl oz of water
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You drain much of the oil off before you eat it (at least, everyone I've known has). If you can find the tuna packed in olive oil it really does taste better than tuna in water and what oil is left after you drain it is better for you.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Much healthier, tastier, and filling things I'd eat with all those extra calories.

Tuna in water is always the smarter choice.

And no, I'm not afraid of fat. I eat avocados, nuts, almond/ peanut butter every day. Just don't waste calories on "junk fats".
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Much healthier, tastier, and filling things I'd eat with all those extra calories.

Tuna in water is always the smarter choice.

And no, I'm not afraid of fat. I eat avocados, nuts, almond/ peanut butter every day. Just don't waste calories on "junk fats".

No, tuna in water isn't always the smarter choice. Olive oil isn't a junk fat. Tuna packed in olive oil tastes better, has more nutrients, and healthy fat. All you need is the tuna and any other fun things you want to add (e.g. kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, herbs, lemon juice, etc).

Tuna packed in olive oil > plain, dry tuna, or worse - tuna salad made with mayo (shudder).

OP: Though I don't eat it, tuna packed in olive oil is a wonderfully healthy protein. It's pretty lean on its own, and the olive oil provides moisture, taste, and good fat. Mix with some veggies/herbs and scoop it up on crackers or put it between some nice, hearty bread.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    You know what is good?

Tuna with deseeded and grated cucumber, bell pepper slices and a little bit of greek yoghurt on a whole wheat wrap.
    Nomnomnom.
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    Although it is not my preference, try to eat chunk light tuna instead of solid white. It has much less mercury in it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Tuna packed in olive oil = YUM.
  • secret121
    Options
    thank you everyone this was really helpful