Am I doing this right?

Options
recently ive realized im tired of being tired and i want to live for the future im 18 and being overweight has stolen most of my life
i need to lose alot of weight im 321.4 lbs and 5'6 meaning i should be like 160?
anyways this week ive been consuming less then 2k calories a day and eating low cal/healthy food when i can
and been doing a light cardio for 30 minutes
is this a good weight loss journey?
and to all the people who have lost alot of weight did you do it this way?
healthier eating and excersize?

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    How did you figure out what your daily calorie consumption was going to be?

Yes, if you are eating at a calorie deficit and exercising you will lose weight. It requires perseverance and patience.
    160 pounds sounds about right for a healthy weight of a person your height, and you can definitely get there!
  • TheNewBlake
    TheNewBlake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    well i think eather this site or calorie count said for 2 lbs a week i should do 2000 cal a day plus i hear its a good number to start with
  • rdwill75
    rdwill75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're off to a great start.

I would really suggest that you track your food intake accurately on the MFP app. It will help you understand exactly what you're eating and make sure you stay within your limits. Even if you overeat, ADD IT! You need to be able to see your caloric intake over the week to understand what you're seeing on the scale.

Make sure the foods you're eating are high in fibre and protein. Stay away from breads, pasta and rice (or have very sparingly). Cheese in very small amounts, or don't have it at all.

Food intake is THEE most important factor in loosing weight - much more than exercise. Eat at a slight deficit (500-800 cal per day) and you'll loose weight. Don't try to starve yourself. The problem with eating too little is that your body will most likely rebel and you'll binge after a 5-6 days. Don't eat a big mac and then starve yourself for the rest of the day. It won't work.

My 2 cents. Good LUCK! It's really quite easy once you get on track.

Edit: Just to clarify my post. When I say eat at a slight deficit, I mean based on your caloric burn per day. So this is the calories you naturally burn + the calories you're burning by exercise. You can let MFP app do the math for you.