First time under 200lbs in years! Photos in my profile pics!

Options
neilvv
neilvv Posts: 146 Member
Hi all. I decided that i would seriously lose weight in October 2012. Luckily whilst looking through the app store on my phone i found the MFP app and started to use it. I started counting calories and exercising, both jogging and strength training. I have now lost 52lbs and for the first time in 15 years i'm under 200lbs.
Over the last 5 days i have jogged 36.6k Monday 10k Tuesday 5k Wednesday 11.6K and Friday 10k Back in October i struggled with a 1K !
I still have some way to go but for now i'm happy with my progress and delighted that i have broke through the 200lb mark in to the 100's.

My profile pics show some embarrassing before pictures and some not so embarrassing current pictures. Shirtless after pictures will be at goal weight LOL.
And if i can do this anybody can!

Replies

• yshahy
    yshahy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! congratulations! you're certainly moving in the right direction. and thats some motivation for me :)
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thats great the running really shapes up any one that can do it ;)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so different..in a great way! Very well done!!!
  • aliemmar
    Options
    Awesome!! keep it up
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    Well done you. Congratulations. That is my 1st goal although i have quite a way to go.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    Just looked at your pictures and WOW. You look like a different person and have lost some years to.
  • prissygal
    prissygal Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am right there with you! Since weighing under 200lbs, I have reached a plateau :sad: . I have been stuck for over a month at the same weight. I'm trying to change things up a bit next week to see if it helps.
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What an awesome transformation! The change in you is huge! You have done a great job and worked very hard. Be proud!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Great job! From your starting pictures it looks like you may have already lost some weight before starting. You are an inspiration to others!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look like a totally different chap! Lots younger too :bigsmile: well done!
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good job, were you on insulin, your number were high, good job.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress brother. Any thoughts on what your goals are now ?

To me, it seems important to always be striving for something. Keep the focus.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! You'll be rocking the beach!
  • gracjm
    gracjm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congratulations. :drinker:
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    good on you, and thanks for sharing, its stories like yours that keep us all going.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic well done great acheivement
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job...:smile: Like you I found an app on my phone but first I found Endomondo that was two years ago. Last October as I was about to turn fifty, I realized I had to change something and I did. Last week I found MFP and now I use the two in conjunction with one another, along with the changes in my eating habits that I developed while away... I can't wait to get below 200 lbs... Last time I was under 200lbs must have been well over 25 years ago, my goal is my ideal weight of 182... but I believe that through intelligence, discipline and some hard work I will get their and keep it off.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! I still remember how it felt to finally be under 200 after 10 years in the over 200 lbs category -- it is something well worth celebrating. You Rock!
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind comments, the support you get from people this site is unreal !
  • kacolarusso
    Options
    Awesome job! I just signed up on this site 15 minutes ago and yours was the first post I read. Very encouraging!!! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!