Ladies over 40, what Liquid Foundation Makeup do you use?

Options
What are you using, what is good? What type of skin do you have (dry, oily, combo)?

Replies

• GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use a really good lotion. Then I use mineral powders over that.

I don't know what kind of skin I have now that I'm 61, but I do remember that as a youth, I had terrible acne. Doctors and my parents told me that it was because dirt was getting caught in my pores because I wasn't washing my face good enough. HOw wrong they were. I scrubbed my face until it was sore. They didn't believe me.

One day, in desperation, I decided that rather than live with the acne, I would cover it up, and against all advice, I began wearing makeup. I began with a face lotion. Within three days, my acne was gone.

conclusion that doctors realized many years later: Because I had very oily skin, if I didn't replenish the oil in my face right after washing it, my skin over-produced oils which caused the acne. By replenishing the skin with lotion, it no longer needed to produce oils. (I also have no scarring, which amazes me)

I gave up using liquid foundation years ago. the new mineral oils make that unnecessary for me.
  • jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Diorskin nude - it's my HG foundation. My skin is oily with dry patches and this stuff handles both. It's expensive but worth every penny.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Combo skin here. Oily in the t-zone, dry on the cheeks... especially since I run in the cold.

I just use a BB cream, which is pretty much a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I think it's L'Oreal, but I don't remember.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Garnier BB cream when I use it. I don't bother with make up everyday, so the foundation goes on when it's a night out and the full war paint is going on!
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bobbi Brown BB cream here with her moisturizer underneath. I love it!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It's not fancy, but I love Maybelline Fit - they have a ton of shades, although I tend to mix 2 of them for the perfect shade. I have normal skin. Used to have dryish skin, until I started drinking a lot of water. Just the right amount of coverage for me (fairly light), and doesn't get chalky or anything.

Oh, and since I have been trying to simplify and not spend so much on skin/beauty products, I have been using a little of my Aveeno body lotion (or the CVS knockoff brand) on my face and it works great.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and have dry skin. I alternate my foundations, Armani Luminous Silk and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm not over 40, but I'm a makeup artist and I've worked on lots of ages.

For liquids I like the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. It's easy to match to skin tones, regardless of the undertone, and holds up well over the day.
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    I use revlon photo ready when I want full coverage and L'oreal BB cream for just running around. What I find funny is that tintied moisturizers have been around for years but it wasnt till someone started calling them BB creams that they became popular.
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am using Murad skin products and Bare Minerals. Love it!