Just a little ..

Options
I am just excited and proud of myself, because all I used to do was just sit on the couch all day and watch TV or be on the computer, and yesterday I got up and did a 1 mile walk video on Comcast on Demand with Leslie Sansone, and I finished it all the way through ..and today I did it again. So I went from couch to 2 miles .. :laugh: I know most of you are like what's the big deal?? I could do that with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back .. but for me ..it's a huge accomplishment!!

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It is a big deal :) I have a really hard time motivating myself to exercise, so I know just how big of a deal it is :) Great job! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU KIDDING???? That's a FREAKING HUGE DEAL!!! Changing your mind-set? Actually getting up and doing it? 99% of the battle is won right there!:glasses:

:smile: CONGRATULATIONS!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    YAY for you!! I agree with lauren, it is a big deal. Celebrate every success!! What's that expression - the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. You can do this!!
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Woooohoooo congratulations on your achievement!!!!!
  • jennb5255
    jennb5255 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Dasha,
    That is a BIG deal! You should be very proud of yourself. I still have to convince myself to get up and exercise. I did find a thread on here a few days ago about walking with a pedometer so today I went and bought one. I'm finding that the little thing makes me accountable for myself sitting around. I've only been wearing it for half the day and since I put it on I've been walking around a lot. I will walk up and down the hallway just because I want to see the numbers go up on it. :bigsmile: It's a nice piece of constant motivation.
    Great job and keep up the good work!!!
    Jen
  • freebirdschick
    freebirdschick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! :happy: Remember that a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. You took that first step...and that step took courage and belief in yourself. Be proud of yourself...you deserve it!:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Honestly I walked to the stop sign and back the 1st time. We all start somewhere and you are starting out great!!

Leslie rocks!

Keep up the good work!!

:drinker:
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It definitely is an accomplishment! Congrats!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you :) What you are doing is a HUGE accomplishment and like the others here have said , half the battle is won!! When I first started with weight loss I HATED exercise and I dreaded it and it was mostly because I had been a couch potato for so long and had gained a lot of weight and it was actually painful to start but once I got into it I was ADDICTED. It sounds like your getting addicted girl and that is a GOOD THING!! Congrats on your accomplishment. Give yourself a pat on that back :)
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think that is definitely a big deal! WTG!
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So many of us are in your same shoes. Sounds great!!!!!! Keep it up
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    YAY way to go darling I am soooo proud of you!! Keep up the good work..
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good for you! This is a huge accomplishment, so own it!!! Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    that how i lost my first 60lbs, just walking 40 minutes 3 days a week. (on the Beach!) not fast just a nice walk. and it always made me feel GREAT! keep it up, and be proud.:smile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,741 Member
    Options
    I am just excited and proud of myself, because all I used to do was just sit on the couch all day and watch TV or be on the computer, and yesterday I got up and did a 1 mile walk video on Comcast on Demand with Leslie Sansone, and I finished it all the way through ..and today I did it again. So I went from couch to 2 miles .. :laugh: I know most of you are like what's the big deal?? I could do that with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back .. but for me ..it's a huge accomplishment!!
    That is exciting, and you should be proud of yourself! After you do it again, and again, and again, you'll be able to do it with your eyes closed and your hands tied behind your back too!
  • maddmary17
    maddmary17 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good job!!! That is a huge success! The first steps to the rest of your life!:wink:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Way to go Dasha!! Every journey travels with just one step....you have made a few of them. Keep it up!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What you did was awesome!! we all have to start somewhere. Keep going and never stop.
  • twoes
    twoes Posts: 30
    Options
    Whatever! Absolutely a big deal! Way to go, keep it up and keep that wonderful attitude about your life changes going too!!
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    Way to go! You should be proud! Getting started was always the hardest part for me too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!