Fitness games for the Wii

Options
Hello, which is the best fitness game for the Wii? i have got the fitness coach and Wii fit but wondered if there is a better one? What are the zumba ones like? Are they worth it? How about the Pilates one, I used to do Pilates and loved it but wasn't sure how good the Wii version would be?
Any comments appreciated

Replies

• FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like EA Active and the EA More Workouts
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My honest opinion - I have a wii and the fitness "games" (zumba and "fit") but I don't find them nearly as good or effective as basic DVD workouts. The Zumba characters move strangely (or maybe at 52 my body just won't move that way :laugh: ) and the wii fit sections simply aren't long enough or strenuous enough to produce results IMHO. I think some are fun and they might be a really good starting point for people who,have not exercised in a long time and wanting a way to "want to" workout initially.

Caveat - the wii Dance programs (there are 4 at this point I think) are really fun and have a nice variety of music from the 70's-current. The only downside is the lag between songs (i just jog inmplace between wongs). I don't use them much anymore, although I had missed using them, so last night did 70 minutes worth (and per my scosche hrm burned 615 calories). Good luck!
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Just Dance 3 & 4 and Wii Zumba Core.

For me, the Wii Fit games don't get my heart rate up very well. I do like them because they taught me some yoga poses that I can then use when doing Yoga DVD's.

My favorite is Wii Zumba Core. I feel like I get a great workout in when I do that one. You can choose from different "class" lengths and intesities (20 min, 45 min, and 60 min). When you do a class, the "lag" time between songs is very short, so you keep your heart rate up. They also have warm up and cool down songs that you can do as well. I personally don't have a problem getting my body to move the same way that the characters on the game do, but I'm certain that I look ridiculous when doing the game (but that's okay!).

For me, the Just Dance games don't provide a good workout because you have to constantly change songs, which creates a longer "lag" time, which means my heart rate doesn't stay up as well. However, I still find them fun and often do them at night with my husband, so we're doing something together that's more active and not just sitting on the couch.