cheat day

Options
just wondering if anyone agrees with me of having one "cheat" day a week...any comments are appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I agree with it and I do it one day a week. I'd go nuts if I couldn't indulge once in a while!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    well an entire day would mean 3-5 meals, so if that is a hamburger for breakfast, a pizza for lunch and spaghetti with chocolate cake for dinner, then no

but on the weekends I always eat an almost full meal of whatever I'm craving, feels good, part of the lifestyle, helps balance the nutrients

(tomorrow I will make crispy chicken wraps - yes chicken breast pieces fried with salad and dressing in a tortilla. I really like it. :) )
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I allow a cheat meal every once in awhile for a special occasion like birthday, anniversary, etc. But its only a meal and not a chance to go crazy but just a break from logging.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It depends. Can you go back on plan next day without difficulty? How does it affect your weight?
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work for me. I tried. A cheat day now and then is no problem for me, but a cheat day once a week would be torture for me as I tried to continue my journey. One cheat - two cheats - ???? why practice cheating when you can practice the self-discipline that it takes to keep your weight at your idea for the rest of your life?
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Cheat meal every Saturday for lunch, but I spend an extra 40 minutes on the rowing machine to make up for the calories.

If I want the cheat, I do the time first.

Keeps me honest.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I believe it's necessary to have a cheat meal every once in awhile. It helps teach us all things in moderation :smile: I will be enjoying a
    cheat meal today!
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Can cheat any day as long as is not a cheat week
    ipad app much better for showing you whether week on track.
    weight can go up one week as long as lower than previous week next week
    thems my rules
  • babyshroom
    babyshroom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days, but every once in a while I'll have a a cheat "meal"...and it may not be completely a cheat. It usually still fits in my daily calories, I've only gone over twice since I started.

Either way, I find it's easier to resist those unhealthy foods by NOT allowing myself cheat days. I crave those things more often if I allow myself to eat them.
  • supergirljen
    Options
    If I let myself cheat all day 1 day a week, I could really do some damage.
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    A cheat day a week could easily cancel a large part of your weeks work. An occasional large meal is appropriate but I only do it socially and then still work to keep my week in balance. I don't do it often because I find it triggers my appetite for the next several days. Weight loss shouldn't be a chronic condition. Focus and lose the fat then you can find a better life balance when you're in a maintenance mode.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yes....I do a cheat meal once a week...whatever I want, however much I want. That being said, on Saturdays I always spend 2-3 hours at the gym earning the cheat meal that is to follow on Sunday.
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I do believe in a cheat meal here and there or mixing and matching a few cheats with healthier foods. For example, getting a grilled chicken salad, dressing on the side at a mexican restaurant, but having a few chips/cheese dip/salsa...that way I'm allowing myself a little treat. I definitely do a harder workout to compensate in most cases. I agree with some others on here that a whole cheat day could likely throw you off on your goals. Just find something that works for you! We are all different :)
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Cheat meal, yes, day, nope. A single meal should be enough to help curb cravings for the week. A full day is just going backwards in my mind. That said, I would by lying if we don't all mess up a bit on that every once in a while. Dinners with friends are always a trick.
  • Samifer
    Samifer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've found that cheat days are necessity to me. I just make sure it's not a no-holds-bar event. And I make sure to continue my exercise routine, even on the cheat days. You can cheat without reverting to old habits and as you continue your journey, you won't crave as much of the crap that you used to. Like now, I can't really think of eating fast food- it makes my stomach turn.
    My Beachbody coach wrote a post that's a good read on the ideas behind it --> http://coachwoot.com/the-need-for-cheat-meals-in-your-nutrition-plan
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i think you should allow yourself a cheat meal once a week. i work hard to exercise. so its nice to have something to look forward to. in the past i would eat whatever i wanted. that got me fat. so if i plan and have it as a treat, that is a victory right there.
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A full course restaurant meal, with all the extra sodium and fat they sneak in there, can undo more than a week's work for me, so my cheats a re much smaller - a piece of fresh olive bread, some chocolate. I could probably get away with an Aunt Annie's Cinnamon pretzel and a non-fat mocha without doing too much damage ;).
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do it, Sunday is Funday :drinker:
  • CovaJoser
    Options
    Something I read the other day:

Why cheat? Would you cheat during a relationship? Most won't, and the same should go for your healthy lifestyle. Beig in a relationship is a commitment to be faithful, loyal and loving to your significant other.

Humans are wired to not be in only one relationship, but to be promiscuous. We aren't wired to eat crap, so why is it harder to be faithful to your own body than it is to your significant other?

No cheating for me. If you're not 100% enjoying the healthy food you eat then you're doing it wrong. Learn to cook. Healthy foods can be just as delicious.
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    I don't have any regular schedule of cheat meals, but I will allow myself a cheat meal if my weekly average will still be on track (this is easily seen on the android app). I also allow myself to give in to cravings of unhealthy things (like donuts, ice cream, chips, brownies) but will only do this if it fits in my calorie allowance for the day. (Otherwise, if I deprive myself too much, I end up losing my mind- and going on a binge).