Trying to limit wheat, not eliminate

Options
I'm trying to tone it down on the wheat I eat but not get rid of it.

I'm not sure what to have for lunch later today. I have flake light tuna and veggies and a multigrain flat bread bun, but I wanted to try my best to not eat the bun with the tuna today since I'm having a whole wheat chicken pita with veggies for dinner tonight, and I had 30 grams of oatmeal with an apple, two tablespoons of natural peanut butter, 4 egg whites, 3.5 tsp of cinnamon and two tsp of raw honey. If I have to, I'll eat it today since we're going grocery shopping later in the day and tomorrow is a new day.

Any ideas for tuna and veggies? I have a chicken breast but my Mom wants to save that for another night for chicken stir fry.

Edit: Oh, and I have mixed veggies that I can steam.

Replies

• alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Roll the tuna in a large lettuce leaf. Why are you limiting wheat? It does sound like your diet may be carb heavy if you were planning a bun at lunch and a wrap at supper plus oatmeal for breakfast.
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    Roll the tuna in a large lettuce leaf. Why are you limiting wheat? It does sound like your diet may be carb heavy if you were planning a bun at lunch and a wrap at supper plus oatmeal for breakfast.

why? because i heard that if you limit it a bit, fat will come off easier.

and i dont have any lettuce lol
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

why? because i heard that if you limit it a bit, fat will come off easier.

and i dont have any lettuce lol

Limiting wheat won't cause fat to come off quicker.

No need to limit it unless you have a medical need to do so.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I just did that a couple of weeks ago -- basically did a couple of weeks on South Beach Phase one. I had bad acid reflux which I never attributed to wheat (I thought coffee, stress, etc...) but it went away overnight once I cut out wheat. I'm just one person, but I do think some people are sensitive to it.
    Tuna makes a good stuffing for hard boiled egg whites, sort of like a deviled egg.
  • rejoicin
    Options
    what about rice cakes...they make a nice substitute for breads...also, try Maria Emmerich's recipes she will teach you how to make "breads" without any carbs/wheat in them...I use her recipes all the time!!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Just make a little tuna salad with yogurt or a little mayo, spices. Have the veggies on the side. You could eat them raw and use your tuna as "dip," or cook them up as a nice side dish!

On days I don't want to eat bread, I just eat my tuna salad out of a cup, sometimes with bacon or cheese sprinkled on top!
  • antfoxy
    Options
    It's a good idea to limit wheat intake (bread) because there are roughly 280 calories per 100gm (3.5oz imperial).Why don't you use half of the bun?
    Ant
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad (minimal mayo) spooned into a scooped-out tomato. Of course, you need a good tomato, which is hard to find this time of year. This will be a frequent lunch this summer, when the farmer's markets are in full swing.
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    It's a good idea to limit wheat intake (bread) because there are roughly 280 calories per 100gm (3.5oz imperial).Why don't you use half of the bun?
    Ant

this one is 170 for the whole bun. it's multigrain flat bun for hamburgers. i use them for eggs, tuna, lean beef burgers and tuna burgers.
  • mfdl1
    mfdl1 Posts: 24
    Options
    hi,i had a blood test to determine why my stomach was swollen,i then found out it was every time I had wheat or gluten,the tests came back and I was allergic to wheat,i stopped taking this and found my stomach is no longer swollen since I stopped all wheat products,but I guess everybody is different,i hope this helped,friend me if you want.x
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    hi,i had a blood test to determine why my stomach was swollen,i then found out it was every time I had wheat or gluten,the tests came back and I was allergic to wheat,i stopped taking this and found my stomach is no longer swollen since I stopped all wheat products,but I guess everybody is different,i hope this helped,friend me if you want.x

i dont have problems with it, i just noticed i eat a lot of it.