falling apart to young

Options
Anyone else find theirself in their early 30's starting to fall apart? I know I am over weight and it is causing some blood pressure issues and a lower activity level. It's been the last 13 months I have seem to start breaking apart. I think also it is my work schedule. I have none. I get up all different times of the morning, I switch back and forth to nights and days, and I work long hours at a time. Anyone else deal with this?

Replies

• ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm only 24 and feel like I've let myself go already. That's y everyday I work extra hard to bounce back.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've just turned 30 and I'm feeling better than I've felt in the last 10 yrs because I've taken charge of my health, diet, body. I've quit smoking and I'm active.

You can do something about it.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and have never felt fitter....you can do the same! Go for it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    From about 33 on, I really started falling apart...my bad habits really started to take their toll and I started putting on a lot of weight because I stopped exercising and kept on eating. This past October (just after my 38th b-day) I decided to take the bull by the horns and get my **** together. I'm about 20-25 lbs down since October...working out...weight training...eating better...quit smoking...significantly reduced my alcohol consumption, etc. My blood work has improved drastically in the past 4-5 months and I'm feeling better than I have in years. I still have about 20 Lbs to go...I figure I should hit that around late summer/early fall.

You can put yourself back together again...just takes a lot of hard work and perseverance.
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just turned 41 2 days ago. I noticed when I turned 40 I started falling aprt. High Blood pressure. A few months ago my dr said I have an under active thyroid plus I have other problems from when I was born. So that is why I am trying to get healthier now. Before things get worse. Take care of yourself NOW. Don't wait til your my age. It only gets harder. Your worth it!
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was in my teens when I started to fall apart. Overweight, along with high blood pressure. I finally took charge in my late 20's and feeling better than ever.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    You can change that. I'm 51 and can run 8 miles now, when a year ago, I was out of breath if I walked 20 feet.

Fit in some exercise. Do it daily. Move more. Walk. Use the stairs. Park at the end of parking lots. Keep healthy food in the house and throw out the bad stuff. Limit sodium. Go to your Dr. for a checkup to make sure the BP is under control. See a nutritionist. Find a hobby that will help you move more. Hiking, golf, tennis, walking, canoeing, anything! Just move more. Limit your time on your computer and tv watching. One thing that helps me while tv watching is, I get up and do something, anything, during commercials. You don't burn many calories while sitting. My hrm shows my pulse at 54-60 while sitting, if I get up and move it's almost always 90 or more. That adds up fast in the 16 hours or so that I'm awake.
    My husband has worked swing shift for 35 years. What works for him is to sleep a few hours when he gets home, then he will do what he wants until about 6 or 7pm, including some exercise, then he goes to bed until he has to leave for work again. He takes healthy snacks with him to eat on night shifts and takes NO money with him so he cant get into the vending machine.
    Good luck, you can do this!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I had that moment when I turned 25. Now my long term goal is to get myself healthy so I can go into my 30's feeling good about myself and being healthy. I think everybody hits a wall like that where everything in life just kinda seems to bog them down and gets them feeling like its too much, just have to find that thing in yourself to pull yourself back up and keep moving forward and doing the best that you possibly can..
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    it happens at any age. I am 33 and i am fitter than i have ever been.
    If you know it's happening do something about it.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    In my 50s I really let it all go. I am older than dirt, but since starting mfp 14 months ago, I feel pretty good. It's never too late to change your lifestyle.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 soon, feel great now, felt terrible as a teenager weighing over 200lbs...
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm twenty two years old and already have back, knee and especially feet problems. My bones in one of my feet are shifting ( id rather not say bunion but that is what it is). I wake up every day in absolute pain as soon as I put my feet on the ground. I have custom orthotics which makes it close to impossible to find cute shoes that will fit with them and/or be comfortable with them. The doc says I will 100% have arthritis in my feet, and hopefully my bones will shift back to normal with the orthotics. I've had them for a while, and still no change. I will probably have to go for surgery ( healing time is like 2 months which makes me not want to do it) . I even feel that I look older, my skin looks like its aging.. I don't know I really hate it. I'm so glad that I am strictly eating healthy foods now and exercising five times a week. I hope to continue this journey , I don't want my body falling apart any longer.
  • cmageno21
    Options
    I feel like I'm falling apart too. I'm 33 years old and have already had two back surgeries and knee problems. After my surgeries I was determined to put myself back together not only for my well-being, but for my children. I've slowly gotten myself back on track with diet and exercise and I'm happy with where I am and where I'm headed. I still have a ways to go, but I'm putting in the work and getting it done! :) a couple years ago I was in a wheel chair, I couldn't walk or stand up straight, and the pain was constant. It was so bad that I really didn't think I could go on. Now a year and a half later, I'm running again!!!! It just takes determination and hard work! If I can do it, anyone can. :wink:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    43 months ago at 39...... I could barely stand for 30 seconds at a stretch and had a chair a wheeled around the house on.... Today with severely bad knee's (getting Knee's replaced this summer) I am living proof anyone can change there path... Do i have days where I would like to crawl into a ball and cry cause the pain is unbearable "Most Definitely" but I will not let those times ruin all the hard work I have done to get my life back... You and you alone will decide your fate and what you will or won't do to get what you want... Best of Luck
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I joined mfp when i was about 28 and had totally let myself go. I was the fattest and unhealthiest i have ever been. Through dedication and this website im now ready to turn 30 this year and I'm set to be in the best shape of my life. You can as well, it just takes dedication, work and education.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My health problems,including high blood pressure,started with my last pregnancy at the age of 37.I thought the problems would go away when she was born but they didn't.So I ignored it for about three years.

Then I realized,I am responsible for this person and it will only get worse if I don't do something.

I lost 50 pounds and made exercise a HUGE part of my life.

Coming off the blood pressure meds and ran a 5k.

I'm 44 and feel better then when I was 24.You can do it!
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm heading into 34 this year and I feel the healthiest I've ever felt.

It's all up to you ultimately, so make the changes you need to. :)
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I often feel like I am falling apart but it is in direct relation to how I feel about myself, job and life. When works gets hectic and I am working hard and feel drained, I eat poorly, take naps and just feel like I am letting myself go. I am turning 30 this year. It's good to realize that I am not falling apart, but I let myself go based on my priorities at the moment, which unfortunately is my job first. I am trying not to neglect myself for too long, but it can be hard when busy/tired or if my knee hurts.
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm heading into 34 this year and I feel the healthiest I've ever felt.

It's all up to you ultimately, so make the changes you need to. :)

I agree 100%
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I let things slip at 11. I don't know what I was thinking. I had no foresight back then.

*sigh*