Pool/water excercises

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone had water excercises that have been helpful?

Replies

• jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    I take aqua fit classes every Saturday morning and we do things like running in the water (tougher than it sounds!), jumping jacks, treading water, etc. Youtube water aerobics for other ideas.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I love deep water aerobics. You put on a flotation belt and run around, do jumping jacks, etc. since you are suspended upright, you can about anything you can think of. You can even lean back and do crunches.

One of my MFP friends does Aqua Zumba!

Just treading water will burn a ton of calories.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    I get in the pool at home often and try not to ever have my feet on the bottom. Means constant movement; treading water etc is good
  • I work out at the Y so I take aqua classes--kickboxing & Zumba. I also swim and do crunches and water jogging to supplement the classes. You workout much harder in the water than on land and the classes are really great for us heavyweights and others who have suffered injuries & from arthritis. I cannot say how instrumental these classes have been to my weight loss journey. Good luck to you!
  • Thanks guys. I'm going to try some of these out. My gym hasn't started aqua classes yet, but when it does ill make sure to try them...hopefully it will be a pace I can keep up with