how to lose water weight?

I lost about 10 pounds but because of christmas holidays i had some troubles gettin back on track and now finally i'm finally motivated to complete my journey.I'd like first to lose water weight to feel better since now my tummy look a bit chubby because of water .Any tips?

Replies

• akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Drink water to lose water. I hate regular plain water but there is at least a couple pound difference in the scale when I stick to pure clean water vs drinking the same amount of other liquids.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    You can't really just choose to lose water. It will naturally go away but if you gained weight from over eating during the holidays your chubby tummy isn't likely just water from a month and a half ago.
  • stay very well hydrated and pee. Sounds simple but it's true.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    You can't really just choose to lose water. It will naturally go away but if you gained weight from over eating during the holidays your chubby tummy isn't likely just water from a month and a half ago.

^^^ This!
  • Water with cucumber slices, lemon slices, and mint. It'll detox your system naturally.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Keep drinking water and avoid processed foods that are high in sodium.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 71 Member
    Drink lots of water; eat less sodium.

2 months from now you'll go out for a nice dinner and the scale will go up 7 pounds in one day because you ate a ton of sodium.

You can lose the water weight but there's not much point to it. As soon as you change your behavior it's going to come back. It's more important to focus on just eating healthy, building muscle and losing fat.
  • it's not fat actually because my tummy looks a bit more full because i've been alternating diet and free eating and i've gained just 1 ibs but it might be u knows
  • Cardio with a trash bag. Cut a hole for your head and arms and tighten around your waist. Sweat your butt off doing cardio. Make sure to keep drinking water like they said though, don't get dehydrated.
  • drink water, get LOTS of sleep and don't eat too many salty foods
  • how much water weight does one have?
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Dandelion Root Tea - picked some up yesterday at Target
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Water with cucumber slices, lemon slices, and mint. It'll detox your system naturally.

Never heard of this before, so putting cucumbers in water with lemon slices and mint works ? What about just cucumber
    and lemon or does it have to be all 3 ?
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Keep sodium levels consistent (either always high or always low, your body adapts to the amount of sodium you give it over time) and eat at a caloric deficit.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Dandelion Root Tea - picked some up yesterday at Target

Ive tried Dandelion Root tea and i think it tastes horrible