Hey I'm new! :)

Options
Hey!
I just joined today-- I'm looking to lose 5-10 lbs and I could really use some motivation!! I'm really excited to get going w/ this site-- I'd love to hear about any new recipes, excersizes, supplements or foods that you guys recommend!
Thanks!

Replies

• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good morning Hannah;

I think you will be glad you are here. It's a great tool. Just keep looking at the message boards and you will get lots of ideas and motivation. I would have loved to have access to a tool like this when I was your age but of course computers were just coming in to home use then! (Oooh, that makes me sound really old:noway: )

Have a great day. Have fun making your life what you want it to be.

Cindy
  • rello
    rello Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi,
    Im new too. I have been using a couple of supplement's that i have found really good. A protein power call sculpt (it is designed for women) and another supplement called metaslim (it increases metabolism and increased energy).
    I have been doing a program of weight's and cardio (aim for 5 times a week).
    Im hoping to lose 5-7kg.
    Have found this site really good so far.
  • hsougaris
    hsougaris Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Hannah,
    I started out on here 2 months ago with the goal of losing 7lbs before pool season. It was so easy to keep track of my eating and get accurate calorie counts that, to date, I've lost 16lbs and am down to a size 4. I don't use supplements but I have found that a high fiber intake really seems to help. I love to cook and have started using a site called sparkrecipes.com to track my cooking. They have a free recipe calculator that I enter my ingredients and can calculate the nutritional value for each meal that I make. That was a huge help. I get most of my recipes from Cooking Light or Eating Well and a few from Real Simple. I've also taken a few from Barefoot Contessa and just lightened them up myself. I'd be happy to email you a few if you need something to change it up. Last night was Garlic Chicken Pizza and the night before, Wild Mushroom Risotto. Who knew you could eat so yummy and still lose weight?
    Good luck and I hope this works as well for you as it did for me!:smile:
    Heather
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    Options
    hey!! welcome to the site :) xxx
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    I too am new to this site and also would love to hear any advice any of you have. Keep in touch :)
  • hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    Options
    thanks so much!! i'm really excited to see how this site makes a difference!