2nd day using myfitnesspal

Hey all!

I just started yesterday- I would love to hear some results of people that have been using myfitnesspal! Seems like a great idea. My bf and I plan to shed some unwanted weight before boating season starts!

Can't wait to hear how myfitnesspal has worked for you! Any tips would be much appreciated, also any recipe's you all have would be great!

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    I find the site very good, worked for me, and there are many supportive folk, plus the odd troll of course

I think one of the most important aspects is to log everything that goes down your throat, be it a juicy tomato or a plate of fish & chips. Including the sneaky bit of cake or square of chocolate. That way you soon realise what is perhaps not a wise choice

Also weigh everything, you will be surprised just how small a portion of say 100 grammes of rice is for the calories it contains, not to stop eating it but just be aware of the trade offs that may need to be made
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    I have found this site really nice and fun at times when your bored. I have been using this mostly for counting calories and I have lost about 14 pounds in 14 days of using this. Now, I am really fat, so it's easier to lose to begin with, but it is a start and if anything if your honest, physically seeing what the calories are is what making the difference for me.
  • This site has been fantastic. Now I have started to lose weight, it has transformed my life. Now very active. You both hang in there , no regrets.
    I have some very loyal friends who will tell me where I am going wrong, could not manage without them. :smile:
  • KaylieAnn91
    KaylieAnn91 Posts: 1 Member
    I usually use the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone, but I absolutely love it. I did not realize how much I over ate until I started using this. I go through spurts where I use it religiously for a month, and then stop for a couple weeks. I can ALWAYS tell a difference. It is even better because you get motivation from other people who ultimately have the same goal as you--be healthier!
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    In a year and a half, I've lost 70 pounds and kept it off. My profile is open so feel free to look at my pics. I agree with above, weigh and measure everything until you learn how to eyeball it. And even then, I check myself once in a while to make sure I'm still measuring right.

For recipes, check out skinnytaste.com and emily bites. I like those sites.

good luck!
  • I've been on for about 2 months. I've "only" lost 8 pounds, but I've never done that before. MyFitnessPal has helped me be more aware of the foods I put into my body, as well as giving me motivation for exercising. People at work say they're beginning to notice. I think it's helping a lot!