WW or TOPS

Options
does anyone on here do weight watchers or tops? i am thinking of them to follow. i need better structure right now in my eating.

maybe we can get a group together.

thanks,
chipper

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I have done neither, but have friends who have been very successful with the weight watchers program.
  • babadee
    babadee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My partner lost 100 lbs on WW but I have never heard of TOPS
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have done the WW program and lost 65 lbs. on their program and it was a good program and very easy to do. But I had to quit due to financial reasons and that is why I came to MFP so I could count calories and it's free :) Good luck with your weight loss journey no matter what program you choose!! Can't give any advice on TOPS since I have never tried it.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm doing weight watchers, and I'm a life time member, doing maintenance. I'm here if you have questions. Good luck.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    thanks guys....

i have done WW many times. lost a good size amount one of the times. it was the old exchange program. i just never gave the points a fair chance. so decided to do it. i have all the old books from flex. i hear it's not much different.
    TOPS is "taking off pound sensibly" it's been around for years. they do exchange program type thing. i will look over their web site again.

i will begin on tuesday. i just need some control right now.
  • brieann
    brieann Posts: 16
    Options
    I am currently doing TOPS, and it has helped me a little, it's cheaper than WW, the group is a little older here in my area, I'm the only one in there that's under 30 years old. but you can go visit a meeting first before you have to join I would got to one and see.
  • ajm262
    ajm262 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just joined TOPS recently. It is an older crowd here too. I am doing it because it keeps me on tack, especially if I know I have to weigh in each week. I like the group so far. We talk about healthy recipes and give each other suggestions on areas that we are struggling. It is also very affordable - $26 for the year and then $2 each week.