Eating Times

Options
Do you have a schedule of eating times? Like when do you eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? every so many hours or do you have a schedule to keep on track ??

Thanks!!

Replies

• themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I don't have a schedule per se, but I tend to eat every 2-3 hours, 6-7 times a day. I do try and make sure I always have almonds, a fiber bar and other stuff like that in my pocket book just in case I am out and about.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I never intentionally set a schedule, but I have fallen into one.

I *have* to eat within 30-45 minutes of waking up or else I get CRABBY. Haha. I usually eat lunch around 1:00 (its a break between classes) I usually have a snack sometime between 3 and 4. And then I'll eat dinner sometime between 5 and 7, depending on when I get hungry.
  • Chelsinicole63
    Chelsinicole63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- 7-8am
    snack-10am
    lunch-12pm
    snack-2pm
    snack-4pm
    dinner 6-7pm

i am a compulsive eater, so i find scheduling my food two hours apart really helps me stay on track(:
  • rch0067
    rch0067 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've found that for me, I eat pretty much eat when I wake up, a little snack at 11 (I get hungry then and it helps me curb my appetite for lunch), Then lunch (1 pm), then around 4 another snack then dinner (very light) around 7. I definately follow the "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." If I don't eat a good breakfast, my whole day gets off. My doctor just have three suggestions too. Drink lots of water, don't drink with your meal and be very light in the evenings. It's helped me some-- especially not drinking with meals. I'm able to enjoy my food more and for some reason I don't eat as much and feel more full.

However, everyone is different. My friend needs to have a heavier dinner for example, and so she works out her day so she can do that. Try different things. The standard is eating about every 2-4 hours in small quantities rather than three big meals. But who knows? That might work for you too! Experiment and note how your body feels. Which days were better days and what did you do then? What kinds of food did you eat? For example, I notice that when I eat sugar, my appetite becomes HUGE and I have trouble controlling myself. Now that I've started getting better at noticing my body, I also realize that the days I argued with my husband were sugar days too. That's what I've discovered about sugar and me.

Hope that helps.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    I've found that for me, I eat pretty much eat when I wake up, a little snack at 11 (I get hungry then and it helps me curb my appetite for lunch), Then lunch (1 pm), then around 4 another snack then dinner (very light) around 7. I definately follow the "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." If I don't eat a good breakfast, my whole day gets off. My doctor just have three suggestions too. Drink lots of water, don't drink with your meal and be very light in the evenings. It's helped me some-- especially not drinking with meals. I'm able to enjoy my food more and for some reason I don't eat as much and feel more full.

I've been tinkering w/my meals for a month now and I eat pretty similarly to rch0067. I also throw in a snack in between when I wake up and 11:00ish. I usually eat 5-6 times per day and it really seems to work best for me. I like the "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper." quote and works best for my body.

Hope this helps! Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My schedule for work changes a lot so I just go by 2-3 hours but it usually looks like this:

Work at 8:30 - so typically eat at 9:00
    Lunch 12:30
    Afternoon snack #1 - 3:00
    Afternoon snack #2 - 6:00
    Work out - 6:45
    Dinner - 8:00 or 8:30

On early days, it's usually something like:

Work at 7:15 - eat 7:30
    Morning snack - 10:00
    Lunch - 12:30pm
    Afternoon snack #1 - 3:00
    Work out - 4:30
    Dinner - 6:30

I've also started incorporating protein shakes after my work outs, so not sure if that counts as a snack? :)
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't have a schedule, i eat when i get hungry not when it's time. With my mixed up day-rhythm a schedule would be impossible