From 270-180LBs

Options
Hey MFP,
Just wanted to share my story! in 2009 I was 270LBs when I went to Afghanistan, I was having trouble sleeping at night and doing little things like walking up the stairs, I probably wasn't far from diabetes or sleep apnea, so I figured it was time to make a change!

This was me at 270LBs (Never mind the blurred out face, I swear it's still me!)

266side.jpg
266front.jpg

This was me at 180LBS in September of 2012 (Went on a 5 months bulk to try and add some mass but it turned into a holiday fulk, although some mass was added, It was at the expense of some fat)

IMAG0215.jpg
IMAG0223.jpg

Currently at 204LBs right now, trying to cut down to 180-185LBs again...Losing is so much harder than gaining hahaha.

Replies

• JSN66614
    Options
    Congratulations lol may I say you look HOT AND SEXY lol and that ain't no lie. You might have been very very close and with the military......you don't want that hangin above your head. It does take work but you have shown that it is 100% doable!

By the way my husband was in the Army, I think if I remember right he went in in 1991. He was one of these no matter whatcha ate couldn't gain weight lol now at 40's he's starting to gain weight and looking to eat healthier from me lol
  • sara1215
    sara1215 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well done mack. Nice transformation
  • mackreid3
    mackreid3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys and gals!
  • sccjammin
    sccjammin Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mimiyo1980
    mimiyo1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HOT! Well done...an inspiration.
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job.. Keep it up mate.. It inspires us all!
    I started at 303 lbs at the end of October and I'm down to around 267 lbs now ...

As we used to hear in old naval films.. - Steady as she goes...

Thanks it is always good to see others making progress.. anyone who wants to add me as a friend can, except if you are a toxic individual. I have plenty of those in real life.

Cheerz!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I can't see any pics except for your profile pic and it looks fine. Congrats!
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! Congratulations on all your hard work - it certainly shows!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    hell yea..awesome job!
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Terrific abs. What did you do to lose the 90 lbs?
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference well done you look fantastic!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    This is inspirational! You even have a 6pack now! Congrats!
  • MEKAMEK08
    MEKAMEK08 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!:wink:
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You have made an amazing transformation!! im still going but get closer everyday. Nice to see how toned you can get with hard work !! well done mate:smile:
  • mackreid3
    Options
    Excellent! Terrific abs. What did you do to lose the 90 lbs?

It was a lot of trial and error, I had originally started when I was deployed overseas in 2009, but I didn't know 1/4 of what I know now and how easy the formula is (Eat less, move more aka Cals in vs Cals out)

When I finally discovered MFP and a food scale, lifting some weights using mostly compound movements, It was fairly smooth sailing from there!

Thanks for all the words, folks....I still have a long way to go! If I can do it, anybody can do it! [/cliche] :D
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! Way to go you!

May I ask, how tall are you? My husband started out about the same weight and is convinced he will never be anywhere near 200 again. I would like too show him your story and prove it is possible ;P

Good luck with your continued fitness goals!! Keep up the super awesome work :D
  • mackreid3
    Options
    What an awesome story! Way to go you!

May I ask, how tall are you? My husband started out about the same weight and is convinced he will never be anywhere near 200 again. I would like too show him your story and prove it is possible ;P

Good luck with your continued fitness goals!! Keep up the super awesome work :D

Hey Emily,
    Thank You! I am 6'0...When I first starting losing weight, I figured 210LBs would be a good weight where I would look 'ok' and not be fat anymore, I did have to lose a lot more than I thought (I was told this but of course being stubborn figured 210 was still a good goal...It wasn't! haha) No matter the body shape/size you still have the ability to pull it off, persistence and consistency is key, the work he puts in now he will thank himself later for!

Cheers
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!