Need advice on breaking a 4 month long plateau!

Options
Hi all! Okay so I am 5'8, 21 years old and I weigh 150 lbs (goes up and then back down by like 2 lbs every time I weigh myself). I was originally 160 lbs when I started making healthier food choices. But here's the thing, I've been tracking calories since reaching 150 (that was the end of October) and never go over my maintenance intake (which is 1,800 if I just lay around doing nothing) except special occasions. I usually eat between 1200 and 1500 calories. I have been going to the gym for a few weeks, I do both strength and cardio and I have been eating clean meals whenever I can. It isn't like I have never weighed less than this, I weighed 130 lbs before at the same height (though I was skipping meals and being very unhealthy). So now that I am trying to achieve this weight the healthy way I find myself stuck at the same weight for 4 months!!! I am very frustrated because I had expected to have been at least 5 lbs lighter than this by now! If anybody has advice to help me lose 5-20 more lbs or knows what may be the problem please tell me! Thank you!

Replies

• monaattard1
    Options
    I've read that calories are important but WHERE the calories come from is more important. You may be eating some things that are throwing your hormones out of whack which can result in weight loss (I.e. insulin) resistance. Do a Google search on Peertrainer. If you do a bit of research on that site, you can learn a whole bunch about insulin resistance and how rebalancing your hormones can get you past your plateau and help you lose more weight.