what to do when u have no calorie info...

Options
I was out today in London and had pizza in a lovely italian ( i was out with family & couldnt say no! ) but no calorie information and they have no website so cannot check info of food and mfp dont have any info on the restaurant what do I do???

Replies

• ackman2002
    ackman2002 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me I search the database for something that I think is similar (and has lots of confirmations) and use that as well. When there are multiples I try for one on the higher side for caution.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    search it on google.
  • emzabee420
    emzabee420 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me I search the database for something that I think is similar (and has lots of confirmations) and use that as well. When there are multiples I try for one on the higher side for caution.

^^^this
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Pick something close.

It's Pizza. Just pick some pizza and call it a day.
  • c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I did google the restaurant but no website as such so no info!
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I try to find one in the MFP data base that seems most similar to what I had. Sometimes I also just break it down into the components that I ate and go from there. Tedious, yes, but it would be more accurate than finding something that is similar. Also you could try to look it up online. Again though if it's a small restaurant you may not find it exactly and will have to find something that is similar to it
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I just find the most similar thing I can on the database, and if there's a choice then a go with one of the higher calorie options. It's impossible to be exact about everything, all the time.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had a croissant this morning from a bakery.. soo:

I type in "Butter Croissant" on my fitness pal.

I pick "Large" as a size- overestimating is always better than underestimating.

I do this with everything, you begin to have a knack for measuring with your eyes.