sore bones :(

Options
So I'm a temp at a factory ( some of the problem may be that I haven't adjusted yet although I've been there since December) and I do long 9 hour days/ 6 days a week and damn by the end of the week my bones ache!! The place has got concrete floors and I've always heard concrete is hard on your shins and feet. Well problem is on non lifting days (and sometimes even on lifting days too now that I think about it) I try to work in some HIIT training with high impact moves and running. Which are also hard on you I hear. Well like I said at the end of the week my shins hurt so bad it makes it uncomfortable to walk (not impossible but uncomfortable) my shins ache, my heels and the arch of my feet hurt, and my knees even crackle and hurt more. I also notice when I do squats later in the week my knees seem to have more trouble holding up the weight. Again not impossible but more uncomfortable than usual.

So I'm not sure what to do. I have heard a lot of good things about HIIT training and running in regards to weight loss so I don't want to give that up but I also obviously can't give up the concrete floors either :laugh: I already got some gel soles for my shoes but that isn't helping. I try to stretch a lot too but again not helping :P

Replies

• VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Do you have a rest day at all given your work schedule? You might just need to have a day each week where you just chill and let your body recover. I mean a day where you don't do much more than those things necessary such as cooking and light housework, or a leisurely stroll.