I eat a lot but still under calorie intake

Hi
I've switched to eating healthier, cutting out chocolate, chips act, I seem to eat a lot of food but have notice I'm under my calorie intake. Now I'm lactose intolerant, so I can handle bits of dairy but not too much in one day, also the only meat I eat is fish, I do eat lentils and beans ect, here a breakdown of my diet, MY ?? IS (& I GUESS EVERYONE IS GOING TO SAY EAT MORE) DO I HAVE TO INCREASE MY CALORIE INTAKE AND HOW? WITHOUT JUST ADDING EMPTY CALORIES.

>11Am
Coles - Light Milk, 125 ml
Black and gold - Quick oats made with water, 3/8 cup dry
Csr (Australia) - Brown Sugar, 8 g
Woolworths Home Brand - Natural Bran - Unprocessed, 15 g

11Am-3Pm
Coles - Mexican Style Tuna, 95 g
Potatoes - Boiled, cooked in skin, flesh, without salt, 1 potato (2-1/2" dia, sphere)
Pure Harvest Premium Quality - Organic Rice Cakes, 22 g
Green Salad - With Mixed Raw Vegetables, 2.5 cup (approx 75g)

3Pm-7Pm
lentil spaghetti bolognese , 1 serving(s)
Mushrooms - Fresh, Stir-Fried, 0.5 cup
apple
Tetley - White Tea, 1 tea bag

this come to 982 calories a day

Replies

• MJackson54
    MJackson54 Posts: 44 Member
    Eat when you are hungry. Don't eat if you aren't hungry. Why the emphasis or worry about being under your allowed calories? What do you weigh and what is your goal weight?
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    First you can afford to drink full cream milk, esp if it's only half a glass a day.
    Add nuts, corn and other higher calorie healthy foods.
    You have no fruit in the day. Have some fruit, it's important.
    edit - just saw the apple, but you can have 2 or 3 pieces of fruit and it will be better
  • ymosi
    ymosi Posts: 5
    this is just a sample of my diet, BTW full cream milk makes me sick, I but yes adding more fruit may help, sometime I do go nuts on fruit, but then I seem to eat less of other stuff. not on purpose either
  • ymosi
    ymosi Posts: 5
    I'm 170 cms tall 5ft 8.5 I think that the conversion, and I weigh about 71 kgs, I only wanting to lose a couple of kgs just so I'm in the middle of BMI, currently setting at 24 BMI, although losing say 3-5kgs would be great my main goals is not weight it's being fitter and toned,
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    I'm 170 cms tall 5ft 8.5 I think that the conversion, and I weigh about 71 kgs, I only wanting to lose a couple of kgs just so I'm in the middle of BMI, currently setting at 24 BMI, although losing say 3-5kgs would be great my main goals is not weight it's being fitter and toned,

Sorry, but 170 cms is closer to 5'6.5.
    I'm 174 cms and my height converts to 5'8.5 :)
  • barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    I had the same problem. I was suggested things like adding peanut butter and guacamole stuff that is high in calories but has a lot of health benefits. :) I snack lots in between granola bars, nuts, whole grain breads, some fruits like bananas are pretty high in cals but high in nutrients like potassium that are hard to get enough of. I just good it and find new things all the time.