Fast-food tattoos show our love affair with junk food

Options
An interesting article I saw in the Toronto Star written by a psychiatrist who works with people contemplating bariatric weight loss surgery - she shares a simple perspective on our complicated relationship with food.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/01/17/fastfood_tattoos_show_our_love_affair_with_junk_food.html

My question to you is would you get a restaurant logo tattooed onto your body in exchange for free lunches for life? Tempting, but that would be the kiss of death for me.

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    This is a bad *kitten* tattoo!
    59439_400727216666034_1267631504_n_zps7a7caa4c.jpg
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    lol no thanks, I dont think a tattoo of the golden arches would be worth free big macs for live.....mmmmmm big macs lol
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I might for an incredibly large sum of money, but not free lunch for life.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I recently saw a guy with the Monster energy drink logo tattoo on his arm. :noway:
  • SwimtotheEnd
    SwimtotheEnd Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So a Starbucks Coffee is a no no ?
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I asked my bf if he would... I don't eat any fast food; at least none here are vegan safe; but I said I would if there was a really good one around (the mention of starbucks swayed me; free coffee sounds amazing) His response was brilliant - "Have some respect for yourself" :laugh:
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    omg utterly revolting :noway:
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Not junk food, but the Eddie V's logo, nice and small- I'd consider it...

That one would pay for itself on the first trip!
  • tdhighfill
    tdhighfill Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    no way. but I've seen several artictles and news programs of people getting logos, etc and getting paid what they think big money at the time to do it. meaning $10,000.....no way. All of them regret it. This lady got one across her forehead.
    At least Starbucks logo is prettier...

http://girltattooshop.com/would-you-get-tattooed-for-money/
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If Chipotle counts, I would tattoo it on my damn forehead.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I recently saw a guy with the Monster energy drink logo tattoo on his arm. :noway:

I could see my husband doing this :laugh: He is physically fit and he lifts weights but he sure loves his Monster drinks. I think they are disgusting!